OK - who wins the game on Sept. 9th ?

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
If you can't beat a team you beat last year 66-10 after they lost their NFL QB that would be a step back.

Either way my point stands. As long as you aren't the dregs of your conference you are gonna make a Bowl. That is why I have been saying all along ISU will make a Bowl, this team isn't one of the dregs of the Big12 any longer, I could see that at the end of last year.
TT beat TCU and lost to the following teams by 1 possession
  • ASU
  • KSU
  • OU
  • Texas
  • OSU
Judging a team by one game is foolish. Sometimes teams have bad days. I don't fault you because iSu fans have done the same. TT simply isn't as bad as they played against iSU. It is like hok fan thinking iSu was as bad as they played against UNI and iowa last year. They weren't. Yes, iSu can beat TT. I would almost bet on iSu beating TCU and Texas over going on the road to that craphole and beating TT.

I too think iSu is capable of bowling. I just think the wins come from different teams. I think iSu has the offense to hang with anyone in the big 12.

Last edited:

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Tech is better than you claim and is on the road. WV is on the road and KSU is on the road. Home field is a pretty big deal in college football.

I will be pissed if we don't beat Texas

Maybe Tech is good. They were really bad last year so I'll assume they are bad until they show me they aren't.
TT beat TCU and lost to the following teams by 1 possession
  • ASU
  • KSU
  • OU
  • Texas
  • OSU
Judging a team by one game is foolish. Sometimes teams have bad days. I don't fault you because iSu fans have done the same. TT simply isn't as bad as they played against iSU. It is like hok fan thinking iSu was as bad as they played against UNI and iowa last year. They weren't. Yes, iSu can beat TT. I would almost bet on iSu beating TCU and Texas over going on the road to that craphole and beating TT.

I too think iSu is capable of bowling. I just think the wins come from different teams. I think iSu has the offense to hang with anyone in the big 12.

I agree that I should't judge from one game, and honestly I don't know much about Tech. I do know they were bad last year with losses to a bad ASU team, Texas team and Blowout to ISU. Lost 3 of the last 4 and 6 of their last 8.

Either way, It isn't some insurmouting obstacle to win 4 conference games this year for ISU. They aren't Kansas and Baylor, they are better than that.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
How is this guy doing so far this season?

Don't think he has been on the field. I will say that Iowa's receiver corps seems to be head and shoulders better than last year. Having Vandeberg back with the addition of Easley and ISM plus the threat of Fant at TE and Wadley out of the back field has provided a lot of weapons that we didn't have last year. Saw that Brandon Smith burned his redshirt too so will be interested to see how he does going forward.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don't think he has been on the field. I will say that Iowa's receiver corps seems to be head and shoulders better than last year. Having Vandeberg back with the addition of Easley and ISM plus the threat of Fant at TE and Wadley out of the back field has provided a lot of weapons that we didn't have last year. Saw that Brandon Smith burned his redshirt too so will be interested to see how he does going forward.

Who would have guessed someone that had 13 career catches at New Mexico would suck? Oh yeah that was me I think!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Maybe Tech is good. They were really bad last year so I'll assume they are bad until they show me they aren't.

I agree that I should't judge from one game, and honestly I don't know much about Tech. I do know they were bad last year with losses to a bad ASU team, Texas team and Blowout to ISU. Lost 3 of the last 4 and 6 of their last 8.

Either way, It isn't some insurmouting obstacle to win 4 conference games this year for ISU. They aren't Kansas and Baylor, they are better than that.
sounds like Francis is coaching the asu football team.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
a squad of midgets would be head shoulders above last years wr corp. Not saying much with your last statement.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
How has the Joel Lanning expe
a squad of midgets would be head shoulders above last years wr corp. Not saying much with your last statement.

Not going to disagree with you there, but this WR corps at least looks and feels like a traditional P5 corps. Last year was abysmal.

Reactions: jmb

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yet torched your secondary. Would've been way worse could Stanley throw a deep ball. If Iowa's WR are the worst of power 5 teams, there are words to describe how pathetic your secondary is.

I don't remember Stanley overthrowing a WR and I think Iowa scored on they drive be overthrew that TE anyways. Plus it was your Super Bowl

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I don't remember Stanley overthrowing a WR and I think Iowa scored on they drive be overthrew that TE anyways. Plus it was your Super Bowl
Overthrow to Fant was the second to last drive of regulation where the Hawks didn't score.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron