Ok I have to say it.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I promised myself as a guest I would only post one thread on this board but I feel like your fanbase is missing something obvious in the new college football world of NIL. I've seen people on other threads talk about crazy things like following iowa state on espn and paying 200 dollars a year for a hypothetical sports channel. If you really want to help your team then do what a lot of fanbases are organizing and let your money talk. Call to arms this awesome fanbase you have and get 100,000 alumni to donate 100 bucks a year. Direct the funds to a fan site like this and make it known that all iowa state football players can be sponsored by cyclone fanatic for 100k a year. If you can be the first to do it you will be in an awesome position and even as the other schools step up it will make you competitive in recruiting which will keep CMC and get you guys into a conference for the next big realignment
I knew when this started the power broker Hoks and Spartans would be here with their advice. I can’t express how much I appreciate it. It’s not like they’re in their positions through pure dumb luck or anything. Hopefully they can use their leverage to get us in to the meat grinder they both dominate.

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
It's not the worst idea in the world. And it seems to be coming from a good place. I just cringed because I knew he was going to get dragged and I have enjoyed our interaction with our new green buddy lol.

I definitely think that how schools develop their NIL brand/presence will be insanely important. Just like i think Campbell's staff does a great job with their social media presence and it is a huge asset, it will be same with NIL.

No way we can outspend or outraise bigger schools, so we should do it different. Focus on NIL opportunities that benefit the QB (or RB) AND the OL (promoting unity), or things like a player and something that benefits their hometown. Just making sh*t up off top of my head, but you get the point.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don’t get it. Is this something Michigan State fans are ahead of the curve on which is why you are giving us the advice?

Reactions: exCYtable

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
we are going to allow them to be investors, i thought this was all already explained, you need to get with the times man, were starting a new paradigm of college athletics, boise st and byu are forming an alliance with the leftovers to save college athletics

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
200w.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Die4Cy

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
When.... NIL and ESPN’s consolidation play aren’t governed. A professional league with no salary cap, no luxury tax, no draft or any other measure to maintain a semblance of competitive balance. ....
Unfortunately, we've now killed the golden goose.
Say good night Gracie.
What else can be said. There is almost no use commenting anymore. It's over.

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Maybe you are right. That is what it takes to be successful in CFB. But that's probably the tipping point for me.
I'm Alumni, been season tix holder more than 20 years, cyclone club whole time, and drive from Omaha each game. Thousands of dollars to my school over the years. Now if I we all have to contribute more to specifically pay the players, not sure I want to play that game.

Most ordinary folks are going to say he's crazy and no one will pay up. Browse here and you will see there hundreds of people paying others for their funerals, weddings, hospital bills, car accident bills, yada yada.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I promised myself as a guest I would only post one thread on this board but I feel like your fanbase is missing something obvious in the new college football world of NIL. I've seen people on other threads talk about crazy things like following iowa state on espn and paying 200 dollars a year for a hypothetical sports channel. If you really want to help your team then do what a lot of fanbases are organizing and let your money talk. Call to arms this awesome fanbase you have and get 100,000 alumni to donate 100 bucks a year. Direct the funds to a fan site like this and make it known that all iowa state football players can be sponsored by cyclone fanatic for 100k a year. If you can be the first to do it you will be in an awesome position and even as the other schools step up it will make you competitive in recruiting which will keep CMC and get you guys into a conference for the next big realignment
What else can be said. There is almost no use commenting anymore. It's over.
Somebody tell me college football isn't going to be like this. Surely cooler heads will prevail and there will continue to be, or they will have some sort of neutral governance?

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclad

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
It always goes over well when you come on to another fan bases forums and give them a lecture. It takes a particularly delusional sense of self importance to think that would be appreciated.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron