Ohio State

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I disagree on the timing. If we have any chance to keep CMC, then we need Urban to step down ASAP. The more years CMC has to build his resume here, the higher the chances that tOSU decides they must have him.

I really generally agree with this. I'm sure OSU has their eyes on CMC, but if they had to replace Meyer in January I think they want to go with someone a little more established than CMC. They can get him whenever they want.

• Optimistic
Reactions: cyhiphopp

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I disagree on the timing. If we have any chance to keep CMC, then we need Urban to step down ASAP. The more years CMC has to build his resume here, the higher the chances that tOSU decides they must have him.

Seriously, our fanbase just needs to stop with the Campbell leaving ish. We would be such an annoying partner in a relationship.

• Funny
Reactions: randomfan44

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Seriously, our fanbase just needs to stop with the Campbell leaving ish. We would be such an annoying partner in a relationship.

I think OSU is the one school that most of us fear could swoop in and offer and Campbell would seriously listen. Others have suggested Michigan, Michigan St, and Notre Dame (just about everyone else being a "peer" with ISU at this point). I'm not worried about Michigan or ND, especially after this season. MSU doesn't concern me, either. The only school that makes me go "oh ****" is OSU, especially since rumors are out there that Meyer is leaving.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

That is a distinct possibility. Just depends how much tOSU would want Campbell THIS year. Maybe they can't sell the "lowly ISU" coach to the boosters this year and would need to hire one of his disciples instead. I'd be ok with that.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I want OSU and Notre Dame to win every game and retain their coach indefinitely. Those are the two jobs we would be guaranteed to lose CMC to if anyone.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Edit: you know what? I was in a bad mood when I wrote this post. I'm getting back into a good mood, because we're taking down Texas tonight. Let's do this!

Deleted the whole frigging post.

Last edited:

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

tumblr_m9kn9zpp6z1rvwttvo1_500.gif