Ohio State vs Georgia? (BCS title game discussion)

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Re: Ohio State vs Georgia

This whole issue is really really easy if you're a Hawk fan. The typical Hawk fan would say they deserve to be in the national title game and it doesn't matter who else gets in because it's a W.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006

Pretty damn hard to dispute that point. OSU will get in so it won't be 2 teams with 2 losses, but still a very valid point.

Best BCS implosion yet. Tomorrow will be fun, depending on how you look at it.
The absolute best would be for OSU to get blown out by whatever two loss team plays them, for Hawaii to beat whoever they play, and for a few of the remainding 1-2 loss teams to dominate their bowl game. At that point there could be 3-4 teams with legitimate claims to the national championship. (Which would kind of implode my 1 extra game theory).

Unless OSU wins very convincingly, this year's national champion will be the worst in recent memory.

Last edited:

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

I read somewhere that the NCAA doesn't even recognize a champion and that it's just the BCS champion and not the NCAA champion. Can anyone confirm this or deny this?

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA

Everyone's saying that LSU should be back in it...I'm probably in agreement. I mean, who else is there to choose from? Ohio State?? GEORGIA???

OSU-LSU would be a game I could live with. But it pains me to think that OSU could play in it at all.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

The computers will probably shove Georgia into the game - their infallible system.
I then would like to see LSU play Oklahoma.
Then Pepsi could offer one more game in mid Jan for $10M and bribe the NCAA.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Sounds like CyBookie needs to have a bet of the 2 teams announced tomorrow....

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

For all those who are saying OSU backed into the championship game... They played 12 games just like everyone else and only lost ONE of them. That is not backing it, its called everyone else still playing CHOKED and OSU DESERVES to be in the game because they won 11 of 12 games. It doesn't matter that they have not played in 2 weeks, they still played out 12 games just like everyone else has.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Sports center says six teams may be in the mix romorrow. No one really knows. Almost hilarious. Georgia coach was having trouble being interviewed at a key time to convinve people. Ohi State beat Michigan again. Georgia has won 6 straight. LSU won a tight one. Kansas has lost once. SC is Hollywood choice. Oklahoma looked good.

BCS Parity has arrived. If you go down to 70 schollies, maybe we could make the Top #10 as talent gets dispersed further.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

For all those who are saying OSU backed into the championship game... They played 12 games just like everyone else and only lost ONE of them. That is not backing it, its called everyone else still playing CHOKED and OSU DESERVES to be in the game because they won 11 of 12 games. It doesn't matter that they have not played in 2 weeks, they still played out 12 games just like everyone else has.

They backed in, as they had to rely on other teams to lose.

With that being said, they do deserve to be there now.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006

They backed in, as they had to rely on other teams to lose.

With that being said, they do deserve to be there now.

OSU's biggest crime in this whole mess was the timing of their loss. Had they lost early in the season they would have climbed back sooner. Thats part of the insanity of this system...you are "rewarded" for losing earlier in the season.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

I'd rather see teams with early losses chosen over teams with late losses, because that can mean the early loss teams are playing better than than the late loss teams.

In other words, it makes sense to me that early losses are less penalized than late losses.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

If Ohio State beats Georgia, Illinois beat OSU, and Iowa beat Illinois, and are your new unofficial National Champs. That is what Herk says on the Hawk bulletin board.

superdorf

Oct 1, 2007
Des Moines, IA
www.superdorf.com

This is absolutely insane... I would like to see OU in the game... but they made their own bed by losing 2 games. It's to bad "tuff as rain" MU couldn't get to the title game and at least bring the BIG XII a national title, now we settle for OU and possibly KU who beat NO ONE this season on a national stage...

And to top it all off... possibly 4-6 teams that could be considered National champs...

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

If Ohio State beats Georgia, Illinois beat OSU, and Iowa beat Illinois, and are your new unofficial National Champs. That is what Herk says on the Hawk bulletin board.

Then we are the champs, because we beat Iowa.:biglaugh:

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006

Well....all of these "better" teams shouldn't have lost, and we wouldn't have to suffer with OSU in the national championship game.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Re: SportsCenter

Gene - get on the phone and call in. Captain Kirk is trying to beat you to the punch.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If Ohio State and West Virginia were in the BCS, it would be the Hatfields vs the McCoys.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It will be very interesting how the coaches vote tomorrow. They could vote for their own conference. Lots of stories and protests by the loosers are coming on Monday.