Ohio State player receives death threats

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Eh, all fan bases have their bad eggs. Some fan bases have larger basket-fulls...
Yeah, and I think if you don't have a connection to the university (i.e. "t-shirt fans" you're more likely to be a bad fan. That doesn't mean everyone who doesn't have a connection to the school they cheer for is a bad fan, but I think it increases the likelihood.

So for Ohio State, you've got the problem of having a massive fanbase with a lot of them being t-shirt fans.

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
But no other fan base besides Bama takes themselves so seriously as OSU. I saw a guy throw a chair off a rooftop bar when Ohio State lost one time. Purely anecdotal but growing up in Ohio made me hate Ohio State purely because of the fans
Don't forget their "super fan" signing a poster at Earle Bruce's funeral that was meant for former players and coaches.

Not the biggest deal, but it was still really stupid. https://www.landgrantholyland.com/2...-is-trash-pulls-stunt-at-earle-bruce-memorial

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I lived in Columbus, OH for a few years right out of college. Those people are insane. Wifey and I were out to eat once and there was an old couple talking about John Cooper and how he couldn't beat Michigan and two middle aged guys got up from their table, went to the couple's table and told the old guy he could get hurt if he keeps badmouthing coach Cooper. True story.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
That anyone can get THAT worked up about sports AT ALL is a huge red flag.

It's just a game...

I think Jim M said it best. "People are Strange."

Suppose he put too much money on OSU as a sure thing? Before the game tipped they were 16 point favorites chosen to win on 95% of brackets. Don't bet money you need folks!

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm sure there are fanbases that worse than others.

But let's not act like this is an Ohio State problem. I'm sure we'd be ashamed at the messages our players get. And I'm sure every fan base would say the same.

Like I said, it would probably be a good thing if we know all of the stuff said to these student athletes.

Some are worse than others, but no fan base is immune to it. We had a couple idiots tweeting racial slurs at Elijah Johnson after that infamous KU game.

With social media you can't do much to stop it, but these are situations where doxxing is appropriate.

Reactions: Cydkar

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
And I don't know that any fan base is beyond this kind of crap.

I sort of feel like more players would post the messages that they get, it wouldn't hurt for all of us to be reminded of what ******** we can be.
Guaranteed there are some ISU “fans” that do the same thing. I have no doubt in my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
But no other fan base besides Bama takes themselves so seriously as OSU. I saw a guy throw a chair off a rooftop bar when Ohio State lost one time. Purely anecdotal but growing up in Ohio made me hate Ohio State purely because of the fans
Kentucky basketball says hello.