Ohio State player receives death threats

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Ohio State (and Cherry Cheeks Craft) are near the top of my "hate list" as far as college basketball programs go, but this goes so far beyond the pale...and it is coming from his own "fan" base. Unreal.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
And I don't know that any fan base is beyond this kind of crap.

I sort of feel like more players would post the messages that they get, it wouldn't hurt for all of us to be reminded of what ******** we can be.
Some of us are WAY too invested in living vicariously through a bunch of young men playing a damn game.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Ohio State fans are the worst fans on the planet. Doesn't surprise me at all.

I'm sure there are fanbases that worse than others.

But let's not act like this is an Ohio State problem. I'm sure we'd be ashamed at the messages our players get. And I'm sure every fan base would say the same.

Like I said, it would probably be a good thing if we know all of the stuff said to these student athletes.

Reactions: a29_clone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL

But let's not act like this is an Ohio State problem. I'm sure we'd be ashamed at the messages our players get. And I'm sure every fan base would say the same.

Like I said, it would probably be a good thing if we know all of the stuff said to these student athletes.

But no other fan base besides Bama takes themselves so seriously as OSU. I saw a guy throw a chair off a rooftop bar when Ohio State lost one time. Purely anecdotal but growing up in Ohio made me hate Ohio State purely because of the fans

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

Eh, all fan bases have their bad eggs. Some fan bases have larger basket-fulls...

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Lidell carried them for stretches yesterday despite not being 100%, he was the only consistent thing they were getting offensively down the stretch.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He played alright yesterday, especially considering he was having some back issues.

Doesn't matter if he had the worst game of anyone ever. Going to these extremes is unacceptable.

I haven't seen anyone make threats like this but there's some awful comments on game threads. It's not the players' job or life purpose to please some blowhard watching from the stands or couch.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Man, Some People are Really Idiots. Wonder if they had some cash on the game.

I am all for public shaming of these idiots. OSU should confirm their identities and OSU should put the story on the front page of their website with their pictures. Also they should be banned for like from attending OSU games. Pursuing legal charges would also be great, because then Columbus and national media will be all over it.

The anonymity of social media is an issue, but if people realize their identity can published, then maybe they would think twice about being jerks.