Ohio State AD calls press conference; Tressel could be done at tOSU

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I guess they probably could not force the without pay part, however they could essentially fine the university that amount... And in essence either force OSU to push the without pay part, or just take the loss.

Either would be fine by me...

Could they fine Tressel directly?

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
EDIT: whoops. Never mind. I thought you wrote "fire" instead of "fine." My bad

The NCAA couldn't fire him, but they could effectively ban him from coaching (I would think).

Good point... While I'm not 100% sure, I would imagine that they could.

While it seems that the bite of the NCAA for a school like tOSU is about as sharp as that of my great-grandmother without her dentures, I don't see a good reason why the NCAA couldn't levy a fine directly against someone who broke rules. If they can suspect participate and decide eligibility, they should be able to fine team leadership/administration.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I definitely have no faith in OSU to make it happen... It is all up to the NCAA to essentially force it to happen, and the way they have acted lately it is a pretty low chance.

Agreed.

But it would make for such great CFB theater;

What would Pope Urban do after he was offered the job?
Will UNL fans collectively **** their pants when OSU calls the Rageaholic?
Who picks up Sweater Vest?
Etc., etc.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Agreed.

But it would make for such great CFB theater;

What would Pope Urban do after he was offered the job?
Will UNL fans collectively **** their pants when OSU calls the Rageaholic?
Who picks up Sweater Vest?
Etc., etc.

Wouldn't it be great if Tressel got canned? That first GameDay broadcast where it dawns on Kirk Herbstreit that, of all the teams in the Big 10, Nebraska will probably be the favorite to win the conference in their innaugural season. I think he could go so far off the deep end he would make Lee Corso look sane.