Officiating travesty in Lawrence

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I love how the head ref always has to consult with Coach Self.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Here’s why it seems like KU “always” gets the benefit of late game refereeing errors: when it happens they still generally win.

Yesterday’s game in Manhattan is the perfect example. KU is down 3 with 50 seconds left. Agbaji goes up for 3 (well behind the line) and is fouled when the K-State player makes contact with Agbaji’s feet on the way down. A foul is rightly called because Agbaji wasn’t allowed to safely land from the jump shot. But instead of getting 3 FT’s, he only gets 2. Why? Because the refs say that it wasn’t a shooting foul which was clearly the wrong call. Instead of the game being tied, KU is still down one. But then KU gets a stop, scores on the next possession and goes on to win.

Now imagine that same scenario with ISU in KU’s place and ISU loses the game. You’d still be talking about it 20 years from now. But since KU won, you probably aren’t even aware that there was a bad call that went against KU.

Or, maybe the official should have called the illegal screen that forced the KSU player to the ground where he fell into the KU player...

Reactions: abcguyks

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
No but KU probably would have overcome that too.
Oh look. I figured about now the idiot KU fans would start up. KU's football sucks so incredibly bad it's fan base usually keeps it's mouth shut until KU secures some footing in basketball. Here we go..

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Oh look. I figured about now the idiot KU fans would start up. KU's football sucks so incredibly bad it's fan base usually keeps it's mouth shut until KU secures some footing in basketball. Here we go..
They can all go to the MWC or the Sunbelt as far as I'm concerned

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron