Officially DONE!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006
Been a season ticket holder for 17 years...donated over $12,000 to the program directly.....DONE!!! Tired of all the talk....this is the year...correct, this is the year I pull the plug....Done!!! Outright embarrassed!!

Wait. What can we do to keep you around? We can't afford to loose such a loyal and dedicated fan like you.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
He says he's done now, but he will be back. Like all of us Cyclone fans, we always say we are done yet always come back because we are either good fans or really stupid, or a combination of both.

caught myself saying that in the car ride home to my girlfriend. No matter how much we suck, we always have a great turnout, and eager as ever for the upcoming season.

Dammit, I love my Cyclones!

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I feel just as embarrassed. I donate a hefty sum every year. I can always donate only to the University but I prefer donating to Athletics and Academics.

I have hope that a change is coming. This isn't acceptable for you many people. It sure isn't for me.

It is a DONATION not an investment. If you don't want to donate then don't donate. You don't have to come on here to tell us all that you aren't going donate.

It's like telling someone you're going to give them the silent treatment.

Last edited:

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
OP is getting flammed but there will be a lot of people not renewing season tickets or not showing up the rest of this year.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
So with all the "fans" on here today saying their done, there should be plenty of cheap tickets available correct? Anyone can claim to be done on a message board, but I'll actually believe it when they give up tickets.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
this is the year I pull the plug....Done!!!

255e51e30d_82886485_o2.gif

QCCyclone

Feb 10, 2013
Been a season ticket holder for 17 years...donated over $12,000 to the program directly.....DONE!!! Tired of all the talk....this is the year...correct, this is the year I pull the plug....Done!!! Outright embarrassed!!

Thanks for leaving. I, for one, am happy to see fans like you go.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I feared this might happen. I expected 0-1 wins this year but people had rediculous expectations coming in. This was going to be a down year. This defense is 1980's bad guys, there was never any reason to think otherwise. There just is not a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball and we got some linemen on offense that simply shouldnt be playing.

There was no reason to think this defense could stop anyone. We barely have enough linebackers to fill out a D1 team. Way too many recruiting misses defensively.

the problem is, there are a few guys starting on this team that were absolutely god awful last year and prior years...and yet no one could beat them out. There are a couple areas where when the two deeps came out I just shook my head.

Sam isn't a horrible QB but he is never going to be any better than a nice option as a a backup QB at this level, the problem at QB sn't Sam R, it's that no one can beat him out.

There are however, some really really alarming holes at other positions, where quite frankly, it is stunning how poor the talent is and how little development there has been.

I am not ready to give up on CPR, but I am getting worried there are just too many holes and no one to fill them.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I feared this might happen. I expected 0-1 wins this year but people had rediculous expectations coming in. This was going to be a down year. This defense is 1980's bad guys, there was never any reason to think otherwise. There just is not a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball and we got some linemen on offense that simply shouldnt be playing.

There was no reason to think this defense could stop anyone. We barely have enough linebackers to fill out a D1 team. Way too many recruiting misses defensively.

the problem is, there are a few guys starting on this team that were absolutely god awful last year and prior years...and yet no one could beat them out. There are a couple areas where when the two deeps came out I just shook my head.

Sam isn't a horrible QB but he is never going to be any better than a nice option as a a backup QB at this level, the problem at QB sn't Sam R, it's that no one can beat him out.

There are however, some really really alarming holes at other positions, where quite frankly, it is stunning how poor the talent is and how little development there has been.

I am not ready to give up on CPR, but I am getting worried there are just too many holes and no one to fill them.
Everything you say about the D lacking experience and talent is Rhoads fault. He offered and recruited and developed these guys. This is what he wanted and it's terrible. Not ready to give up? You sir have Stockholm syndrome. Get help

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Everything you say about the D lacking experience and talent is Rhoads fault. He offered and recruited and developed these guys. This is what he wanted and it's terrible. Not ready to give up? You sir have Stockholm syndrome. Get help

Ha, yeah you are right, I get it, I just know he isn't going anywhere due to the contract so I will keep hope alive