*** Official "Yikes" Postgame Thread ***

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Holy ****. Shut up.

Well since we just both KSU and Baylor will be 12 Seeds or lower tell me that we can't be beat by a 12 Seed or higher? Also, how have we played lately out side of Hilton? I will wait for your response...

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I want to know how we win a single game in the tournament when we can't seem to play D or even play normal on the road? Hopefully we get a high enough seed that we avoid a 12 seed or lower, because if we do watch out ISU.

EDIT: When I say high enough seed I am talking about the team we are playing. If we are a 5 seed or lower I don't know if I like our chances to win.
Very similar team to the last 2 years. Can win a game or 2 but not good enough to go on a run in the tournament. Also, I hope you are joking when you say this team doesn't play defense.

SammyWild

Mar 3, 2014
As I sign out for the evening, way to go cf, all the hawk trolls, and Cyclone "fans" that will relish this loss.

I'm glad we have lost so you all can be happy.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
That Cherry is a ******* piece of **** dunking the ball when up 10. I really hope we meet Baylor again. I really do. What mother ******* piece of work.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
It's alarming when the team plays like this more often than not.

This team does play horribly probably 3x more than they play well. Fortunately, sometimes they can still win when they play horribly.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I'll catch grief for it, but I agree with you. Don't feel good about KC either.

I am optimistic about the NCAA though.

Recent history doesn't suggest that ISU plays well in the Big XII tourney, so there's plenty of reason to not feel good.

I have a hard time getting overly excited for the NCAA's with how this team has played at times.. Of course, that's partially because expectations are higher than just getting there this year.

Clonedep156

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Disheartening but hopefully they can come out with some fire on Saturday. I would be more worried if they come out and play like this again. Get after them Fred....

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This team is losing itself. It's like players are standing around looking for someone else to make a play. This team needs to have a heart to heart and in a hurry. It's like they are just wanting the season to end so they can play the tourney. Bad idea.

ChiClones

Jun 11, 2013
Chicagoland
Didn't score 70...lost 2 in a row...key players not ready to play....poor execution....didn't get to the line...bad trend... looking forward to losing in the first round of the tourney. The season has slowly gotten worse as other teams get better and ISU doesn't.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Very similar team to the last 2 years. Can win a game or 2 but not good enough to go on a run in the tournament. Also, I hope you are joking when you say this team doesn't play defense.

What I meant, and I did not word it right, is that we seem to struggle on D on the road.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Baylor is terrible. Niang and Ejim neither one showed up to play, and ISU still had a chance to win the game with 3 minutes left. Baylor will have a quick exit out of the tournament. And the way ISU has been playing lately, they might not fair much better.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
We lost the game because we give our players the green light to shoot.

If Ejim and Niang had just backed off for the last five minutes, we would have had a chance. But no. They decided they needed to be the heroes after being completely useless for 35 minutes.

I'm not angry they missed a lot of shots. I'm ****ing ****** at them for taking the shots they did in the situation we were in.

But maybe I should blame Fred for that.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I want to know how we win a single game in the tournament when we can't seem to play D or even play normal on the road? Hopefully we get a high enough seed that we avoid a 12 seed or lower, because if we do watch out ISU.

EDIT: When I say high enough seed I am talking about the team we are playing. If we are a 5 seed or lower I don't know if I like our chances to win.

Honestly, a 5 seed is a stretch now. This team is playing like a bunch of idiots and doesn't seem to care.

My god STFU.
So many idiots on here. Drink a beer and relax.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
This was far from our worst game of the season as a team. For Niang and Ejim, yes, worst game of the year, but as a team? No way. We almost won on the road, when 2 of our best players couldnt hit anything.

Move on to OSU.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
That Cherry is a ******* piece of **** dunking the ball when up 10. I really hope we meet Baylor again. I really do. What mother ******* piece of work.

Meh, we were still in foul mode at that point and there was lots of time left. I'm not going to kill him for that one.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think Hoiberg had a game plan and he wanted them to win or lose with it. Insisted on trying to force the ball into the lane against the zone, but we just couldn't get it done. Way too many turnovers.

Yet, with 2 minutes left, we are in the game. And getting the ball in #1's hands so that he is taking long two's was what I was hoping to see. Too bad he made them.

I think Hoiberg may be working with the team to get them to be disciplined. Even though they didn't win, I hope they learned a lesson about how important it is to execute at the end of a game.