*** Official Xavier vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Some thoughts....

1. Brockington scored his points in like 25 minutes of game time. There was one point in the first half when I was a bit worried about him since he hadn't done much on Sunday, but then he just went off.
2. Hunter is going to be really, really good.
3. It's not this simple and new and better coaching is the biggest part of it, but seeing the guys get some things to bounce their way is really great. And last year, in the few games that we were close in, the players never thought they were going to win. These wins will give the players a lot of confidence and that will help down the line.
4. I've got such a soft spot for George. I'm so happy that things are going well for him this year. Now, he just needs to stay out of foul trouble.
5. That's two games in a row where we've shot it well. If they keep playing defense like they are, they will be in a lot of games and if the shots fall, they'll get some wins.
6. It's just fun to see them having fun.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Brockington would have been completely justified going 1 on 1 in that late possession with the shot click running down, but passed to Gabe. Great example of this team's personality.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Being good at basketball feels good again!
On a side note...please pray it doesn't keep sucking the football mojo!
WE WANT BOTH TO BE GOOD AGAIN AT THE SAME TIME! ;-)

Has there been a time when both have been good? Seems for a long time we've had the programs swapping which one is peaking. Neither has been good or bad at the same time. But I'm sure I'm missing a few years.

Reactions: isutrevman