NFL: *** Official Wildcard Weekend Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That's a major gag job by the Chiefs. Up 21-3 at home with a more playoff experienced team and you blow it.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
I can't think of a weirder streak in sports. 6 straight home playoff losses. The probability is just extremely low. I mean how don't you accidentally win one?

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
How many time has a batted ball back to the qb for a touchdown happened in the history of football? Let alone the NFL?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Game was over for the Chiefs when Kelce went down. They essentially couldn't move the ball at all on offense after that. What a horrible home playoff loss to a terrible team.
I thought it was pretty idiotic to only give Hunt 11 carries for the game, and only 5 in the last 48 minutes of the game.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Shades of their implosion against the Colts several years ago. The Mariota play had me flashing back to the Andrew Luck fumble recovery and score. Sometimes it's his own damn fault but Andy Reid really is snakebit in the postseason.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
john-lackey.gif

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Andy Reid's in game play calling is atrocious. He's great at scripting plays and getting out to early leads, but the second the script ends or fails, he's horrible. Giving up play calling this year was a good move, but it seemed yesterday he took it back over.

The Cheifs look to be putting alot of their misfortunes on Alex Smith right now, but if the coaching doesn't improve, Mahomes is going to be much of the same. Smith looked like a Super Bowl QB to me this season that was held down by stupid play calling.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Andy Reid's in game play calling is atrocious. He's great at scripting plays and getting out to early leads, but the second the script ends or fails, he's horrible. Giving up play calling this year was a good move, but it seemed yesterday he took it back over.

The Cheifs look to be putting alot of their misfortunes on Alex Smith right now, but if the coaching doesn't improve, Mahomes is going to be much of the same. Smith looked like a Super Bowl QB to me this season that was held down by stupid play calling.

Although I'm a big fan of the Chiefs, I don't go to message boards for them. Well, I decided to peruse a couple of boards last night and this morning. Yeesh. Many fans believe Mahomes is undoubtedly the answer to their problems starting next year. Honestly though, I just don't see it. I could be wrong though, of course. I saw plenty of Mahomes playing in college, but the lasting image for me is seeing him absolutely perplexed while playing in Ames last season.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Although I'm a big fan of the Chiefs, I don't go to message boards for them. Well, I decided to peruse a couple of boards last night and tonight. Yeesh. Many fans believe Mahomes is undoubtedly the answer to their problems starting next year. Honestly though, I just don't see it. I could be wrong though, of course. I saw plenty of Mahomes playing in college, but the lasting image for me is seeing him absolutely perplexed while playing in Ames last season.
Yep. QB play was far from their problem this year. It's been an issue in the past, but I still blame play calling as the number one issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Telling stat: Hill had 6 carries in the 1st quarter, and 5 carries the rest of the game - a game they were winning 21-3 at halftime. Reminds me of how the Falcons blew the Super Bowl last year. There's a time to go for the throat and a time to shorten the game. When you're up 21-3, you can take shots at the throat but your ultimate goal is to shorten the game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've only watched a couple stretches of this game, but Blake Bortles is, um, fun to watch.
The constant blooper reel sort of fun, but fun.

I think I saw that Iowa basketball plays tonight too...it's like those Sundays when your favorite comedy shows or movies are on back to back.

Reactions: CycloneErik