NFL: ***OFFICIAL WEEK TWO THREAD***

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Maybe Jacksonville's asking price is too high. They're looking for at least two first round picks. Ramsey said today that it wasn't his camp that leaked the news that he had requested a trade, which is interesting.

If Ramsey is looking for a new deal with another team, that complicates things a bit. For a contender he makes a ton of sense as a short term rental but maybe not as part of a long term plan.
I would rather see the Chiefs go after Patrick Peterson.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Yeah, makes sense. I don't know what an acceptable return would be for the Jags but it's not like they have a ton of leverage here. They have a disgruntled player and it's public knowledge that he wants out. The story is only going to become more of a distraction. Sucks for them but they made their bed. Get what you can and move on. I don't know what other options they have...try to fix the relationship between Ramsey and Marrone? Not likely. Fire Marrone and/or the DC in an attempt to appease Ramsey? Maybe, but it doesn't seem like Coughlin's style.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I would rather see the Chiefs go after Patrick Peterson.

Yep. The Steelers and Dolphins deal for Fitzpatrick makes Ramsay hard to swallow for the Chiefs. If you got a first for Fitzpatrick in the 15-20 range, the Chiefs would have to offer a 1st (28-32 range) plus a third?

In addition, Ramsay is going to almost immediately want an extension (or probably pout like a baby), and the Chiefs already have huge deals for Chris Jones and Mahomes staring them in the face this offseason.

I would sit tight and see if Cardinals collapse and Peterson talks his FO into being reasonable for a late season trade.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron