NFL: ***Official Week Nine Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Oakland at San Fran tonight. I think the league maybe got a little ahead of themselves with the Niners this year. Of course they couldn't know Jimmy G would go down with a season ending injury but even with him and McKinnon in the lineup I think they were at best a wild card team. Way too much primetime exposure for a team not ready to contend yet. Even with all their problems I like the Raiders tonight.

Best games of the week look to be the late games on Sunday - Rams at Saints and Packers at the Patriots. Unless they meet in the Super Bowl in the next four years, this is likely the last time Brady and Rodgers will go head to head. I think it's gonna be a good one; a "last one to get the ball wins" type of game.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Belichick and Brady been doing their best apple-polishing all week. Brady: "If Rodgers played for Pats, he'd throw for 7000 yards every season."

I just hope the crushing loss to the Rams and the ensuing upheaval on the roster don't throw them off too much, because I think they're starting to get their act together a bit.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Rams/Saints should be a doozy. Brees' experience might be the difference here. If Kupp is back for LA that could tip the scale the other way.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Belichick and Brady been doing their best apple-polishing all week. Brady: "If Rodgers played for Pats, he'd throw for 7000 yards every season."

I just hope the crushing loss to the Rams and the ensuing upheaval on the roster don't throw them off too much, because I think they're starting to get their act together a bit.

They'll go as far as Rodgers can carry them. New GM, same story.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
They'll go as far as Rodgers can carry them. New GM, same story.

Not really. Thompson was never as active in free agency as Gutekunst has been. Plus Thompson hated to part with his draft choices, to the team's detriment. Gutekunst's continued retooling of the roster is both refreshing and welcomed.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not really. Thompson was never as active in free agency as Gutekunst has been. Plus Thompson hated to part with his draft choices, to the team's detriment. Gutekunst's continued retooling of the roster is both refreshing and welcomed.

It should pay off down the road. His first draft looks pretty good - Alexander and Jackson look like keepers, and he found a couple WR gems in Brown and Valdes Scantling. For this year, there are more talented teams in the North (I think they have the third best roster in the division from a pure talent standpoint), but Rodgers is the equalizer for Green Bay. They'll go as far as he can take them. They're still right in the mix. The season opening win over Chicago helps a bunch, and the rematch with the Vikes in Minnesota will be a must win.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Rams/Saints should be a doozy. Brees' experience might be the difference here. If Kupp is back for LA that could tip the scale the other way.

Chargers at Seahawks could be a sneaky good one, too. Nobody's paying much attention to either team right now, but the Chargers are really good across the board and the Seahawks have very quietly been getting better for the last few weeks.

Reactions: heitclone

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Holy ****, that's the last time I back the Raiders this year. They've quit on Chucky already. He's going to have to turn over almost the entire roster because it looks like everyone there right now hates his guts.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Can someone explain to me the intentional grounding at the end of the half in the Chiefs game?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Is it just me or is the NFL a complete snooze fest compared to college football?

The NFL is about as exciting as watching grass grow anymore.
I prefer college, enjoy both. But I was really looking forward to yesterday’s slate of CFB and was disappointed by how boring a lot of games were. Purdue/Iowa and Tech/OU were the only good games of the 10+ I watched

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think Treadwell may be playing his last game as a Viking. At least I hope so.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If the NFL was smart, they'd be switching the FOX game here in the CR area to the Vikings game right now instead of leaving it on the Bears game. The Bears game was over quite a while ago.

But I used NFL and "smart" in the same sentence, so we know how that goes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron