***Official Weather Thread 6/25-6/26***

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Severe weather on the way. Tornado watches west of I-35 along I-90. Storm not quite to Albert Lea, but close.

Tornado sirens now going off in Albert Lea, according to KTTC.

National Weather Service Twin Cities/Chanhassen, MN Forecast Office

Link to NWS watch/warning page from Minneapolis

Wow. I was at the DSM Arts Fest and noticed the lightning on my way home. I thought it wasn't supposed to storm until tomorrow? Judging by the radar we're about to get killed.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Severe weather on the way. Tornado watches west of I-35 along I-90. Storm not quite to Albert Lea, but close.

Tornado sirens now going off in Albert Lea, according to KTTC.

National Weather Service Twin Cities/Chanhassen, MN Forecast Office

Link to NWS watch/warning page from Minneapolis

Nice bowing segment moving south across central Iowa. Expect very strong winds with this. Hail will be possible, even an isolated 'nado. Heavy Rain too.

Still looks like a good bet for severe weather tomorrow, especially NW Iowa into Minnesota.

FCCY, you should watch KAAL ;)

matmann22

Dec 31, 2007
Pleasant Hill
matmann22.spaces.live.com
The gust front from these storms is rapidly bearing down on Ames as they slowly weaken. Could be really windy (60+ mph) because the winds are falsely tripping the Doplar's Tornadic Velocity Signature functionality.

This complex is an interesting one. The west edge is very slowly moving South at less than 20 mph. While the Central Iowa portion is rapidly developing South and east along its outflow boundary at almost 40 mph.

The cell sittng over Milford Iowa at 10:55 am has an estimated cloud top of 65,000 feet and is putting down almost 3 inches of rain per hour!

Nov 9, 2008
Nice bowing segment moving south across central Iowa. Expect very strong winds with this. Hail will be possible, even an isolated 'nado. Heavy Rain too.

Still looks like a good bet for severe weather tomorrow, especially NW Iowa into Minnesota.

the bow look is an easy sign of strong winds

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Apparently a decent sized tornado confirmed on the ground up in NW Iowa.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Mother Nature really hates my hometown this week....wow. No idea what the total is but it has to be approaching 10in this week after tonight's downpour.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
The Humboldt, Wright and Northern Webster County areas have just been hammered the past week and a half.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City

I think that is what I meant to type. KAAL was weather all the time, KTTC and KIMT just cut in (a lot).