***Official WBB ISU vs Houston Baptist Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

fwiw

May 20, 2009
The HD is nice on CloneZone ... but the cameraman/person ... wow. Nauseating.

IanSmith

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Iowa State in complete control, up 64-26 with 6:56 to play. Houston Baptist has scored 10 points in the last 25 minutes of play.

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
Anyone else at the game? I ran into Jared Barnett at concession stand with another football player. Looked like LJ. Some other football players here as well.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
ugh, that's not very good. I'm guessing this is the year that our streak of games with a 3 ends

I doubt it, we have some very good outside shooters and with hallie, pop and prin available inside they should get regular 3 looks. We have had worse 3 nights than this during the steak.

fwiw

May 20, 2009
Man, that was bad. I have a headache. At least I got to see the game.

Agreed.

<Rant=on>Every timeout was a dizzying exploration of zoom and too-fast-pan, too-fast-pan and zoom. Do we really need to look up the nostrils of every single band member? And how about showing the scoreboard ... just once?!?! :wacko:

JFC, I'll volunteer to run the camera at the next game, I guarantee people won't have to take Dramamine to be able to watch it.</Rant>

On the bright side, it looked like we had some good combinations out there at times. Really like Moody and Schroll. Overall decent first game by the ladies.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The video person is mainly running the camera for the benefit of the scoreboard, not Clone Zone. During breaks, they are picking out people in the crowd to put up on the videoboard.

They used to just show the scoreboard feed, but that was 100x worse since every ISU basket was followed by a replay that took at least 10 seconds and resulted in missing a big chunk of action. Believe me when I say this is much much better, even if the video during breaks in action is annoying.

fwiw

May 20, 2009
The video person is mainly running the camera for the benefit of the scoreboard, not Clone Zone. During breaks, they are picking out people in the crowd to put up on the videoboard.

They used to just show the scoreboard feed, but that was 100x worse since every ISU basket was followed by a replay that took at least 10 seconds and resulted in missing a big chunk of action. Believe me when I say this is much much better, even if the video during breaks in action is annoying.

Ahh, okay, that does explain things. This was the game I've ever seen on CloneZone so I guess I wasn't expecting that.

To me, considering it's a subscriber service, I'd like to see CloneZone really improve their professional production value ... multiple cameras, a studio presence, etc. Economically I'm not sure how that'd work, but maybe the AD can pony up some of the windfall from the FB TV contracts to get there. Just my .02 cents. And 29.95 or whatever it was.

cydney

Mar 14, 2011
Fennelly made the comment that the slow start may have been due to nerves. Last year, with Bolte, the team knew it had a go-to person with complete understanding of the offense. That had to lead to confidence on the offensive end. It's very possible that Pop struggled because she was trying fill a role that is not really in her control. So the press probably helped the team to just start playing basketball and gain confidence. It helped with defensive confidence too. Fennelly commented that with the limited scouting report, the team was told to let HBU shoot the three, and then they made consecutive shots to start the game. So the team was probably a little dazed from that as well.

If this team figures out how to consistently play with confidence and control, it will be fun.