Official vs unofficial visit

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What are the specifics surroundings the differences?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
LMGTFO - http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit?
Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.

During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.

The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.

• Informative
Reactions: CTTB78 and crawfy54

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
Also, college football recruits can only take 5 Official Visits. They can take an unlimited number of "unofficials". I think MBB and WBB are the same, but I'm not sure about the other sports.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
LMGTFO - http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/resources/recruiting-calendars

What is the difference between an official visit and an unofficial visit?
Any visit to a college campus by a college-bound student-athlete or his or her parents paid for by the college is an official visit. Visits paid for by college-bound student-athletes or their parents are unofficial visits.

During an official visit the college can pay for transportation to and from the college for the prospect, lodging and three meals per day for both the prospect and the parent or guardian, as well as reasonable entertainment expenses including three tickets to a home sports event.

The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event.

This actually answered a question I've wondered about for awhile now: "The only expenses a college-bound student-athlete may receive from a college during an unofficial visit are three tickets to a home sports event."
I didn't know how they could get the great seats for games if the school wasn't allowed to pay for anything, but apparently the game tickets are an exception to the rule.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron