****Official USA vs Canada Hockey Game Thread****

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
You had to expect this 1st period to be really physical with all the emotion built up for this game.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Just checked....if we do lose this one, we can still get the bye into the quarters if we lose by less than 3 and the Fins beat the Swedes tonight.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I like our presence in Canada's end thus far, but we need more shots on goal. Brodeur is off his game a little, and if we get another goal, I think it could send Canada into meltdown mode.

Defensively, we haven't made any egregious errors yet, and Miller is playing great. He's gotta keep it up.

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
I wish they had winter olympics every year... Sure helps bridge the gap from football to baseball.

We have a whole other week to go. If you've enjoyed the hockey so far give the NHL a shot. This year has been the best since the lockout. I have been a lifelong hockey fan but this has been the most enthused I have been about it since 2004. The talent is some of the best ever to play.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We have a whole other week to go. If you've enjoyed the hockey so far give the NHL a shot. This year has been the best since the lockout. I have been a lifelong hockey fan but this has been the most enthused I have been about it since 2004. The talent is some of the best ever to play.

It's not just Hockey, its all of them. Curling, downhill, board and ski cross, even biathlon... I love them all!

NHL doesnt play with near the sense of urgency these Olympic hockey games seem to.