NBA: Official Thread -- Cyclones in the NBA & G-League 2018-19

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Nuggets need to add a little perimeter defense. DeRozan is a big wing scorer and playmaker, and Gay is a big wing scorer. Both very experienced. Nuggets are struggling to compete with that and giving up **** to Derrick White who is very good.

I think everybody is realizing Barton is the weak spot. But moving Barton to the bench could potentially wreck the bench chemistry. I would semi-bench Barton and go with an 8 man rotation until they need scoring help.

Sucks the Nuggets may get stuck with the Barton contract.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Nuggets need to add a little perimeter defense. DeRozan is a big wing scorer and playmaker, and Gay is a big wing scorer. Both very experienced. Nuggets are struggling to compete with that and giving up **** to Derrick White who is very good.

I think everybody is realizing Barton is the weak spot. But moving Barton to the bench could potentially wreck the bench chemistry. I would semi-bench Barton and go with an 8 man rotation until they need scoring help.

Sucks the Nuggets may get stuck with the Barton contract.

Monte is their best perimeter defender in terms of staying in front of his man and not giving up open shots but also their smallest one.

In the games against GSW this year it was open 3 pointer mania and Monte would get a lot of minutes even if he wasn't playing well on offense just because he'd at least get a hand in a face.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges had two career highs in the last week of the season. I just found his highlights, all condensed into short videos by Down to Buck (Who ARE these people and why do they do everyone's highlights?). The first is Georges' 16-point performance and the 2nd one is when he hit 24. Particularly in the latter one, it's great how many floaters, runners and leaners he hit. It's vintage stuff.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
SIAP but I stumbled on this Forbes article complimenting the Nuggets for developing their 2-way players into contributors. Ironic that the Nuggets have gotten the most production from their 2-way guys while they don't have an affiliated G-League team.

According to CleaningTheGlass.com, Morris’ effective field goal percentage (eFG%) of 57.1% approaches elite status at the 92nd percentile among all NBA players at his position, including 96th percentile on 3-pointers and 98th percentile on mid-range shots.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Hey, Marv Albert said Monte played at Iowa State!

Monte is really looking good in his late 3rd / early 4th shift.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Monte can't stay in front of Patty and can't fight through those ball screens without fouling on the 3. It was the right call to take him out there, but he has still been good otherwise tonight.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Monte can't stay in front of Patty and can't fight through those ball screens without fouling on the 3. It was the right call to take him out there, but he has still been good otherwise tonight.
I had the same thought - he was terrific on offense in the 2nd half and rebounded well. But Patty Mills is a nightmare on those high screens. A lot of Nuggets guards struggled but Monte really had a few bad-looking plays. Of course, defending the pick-and-roll is a 2-person job. Mason Plumlee did a good job hedging on a couple plays in the first half that I can recall.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Monte got put in at the end to deal with the Spurs press. If you were to press an NBA team it would be the Nuggets with Murray at PG.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
The Nuggets even up the series 2-2 with a 117-103 win in San Antonio and regain homecourt advantage. Monte ended with a line of 11 pts in 15 MIN, 5-8 FG, 1-1 FT, 5 REB, 2 AST and 3 TO (which matches his career-high).

The Nuggets play on Tuesday in Denver at 9:30 ET / 8:30 CT on NBA TV.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
The Nuggets even up the series 2-2 with a 117-103 win in San Antonio and regain homecourt advantage. Monte ended with a line of 11 pts in 15 MIN, 5-8 FG, 1-1 FT, 5 REB, 2 AST and 3 TO (which matches his career-high).

The Nuggets play on Tuesday in Denver at 9:30 ET / 8:30 CT on NBA TV.
On ManMan's last turnover, Plumlee didn't catch an awesome pass cleanly. That TO was totally on him not Monté.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges is in for the Jazz in the 1st quarter - on ESPN - and just grabbed a rebound.

EDIT: Doris Burke just said they've been 9 for 41 for 3 in the series so I wonder if Snyder is seeing if Georges has a hot hand. He played well in the 4Q in Game 2.