NBA: Official Thread -- Cyclones in the NBA & G-League 2018-19

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges in Game 2: So it was strange that Georges got 12 minutes and Korver only got 2 . I watched his minutes - he played the entire 4th quarter - and I think he did a good job. Basically Ingles, Allen, Mitchell and Niang started the 4th quarter, with O'Neale or Favors. They were down about 28 to start the quarter and I wonder if Snyder was simply thinking to put in a lineup to see if they can bomb some 3-pointers and make a dent in the score.

They didn't completely run up the white flag because Rubio and Gobert both came back in the game. And they cut the lead down to about 20 so maybe they kept Georges in because the offense looked better. He moved the ball well - had 3 assists and could have had more - and went directly to pushing the ball up the court when he got a rebound. I wonder if Georges has ever played a full 4th quarter in the NBA.

But he did well. If the Jazz don't want him next year, I think someone will.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Denver needs Monte and Beasley in the game. Derrick White is abusing Murray.

Derrick White was really the concern before the series. They have guys that can guard Aldridge and DeRozan can only do so much.

Embarrassing defense for the Nuggets. Barton is going to get benched.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I'm behind and just saw that bucket -- Monte and Plumlee are so good together on the P&R and Tae's mid-range game is definitely NBA level.

Monte is like the Le’Veon Bell of the P&R. Just so patient, and waits for the switch defender to make a mistake by taking his time. Plus he’s deadly in the midrange.

Reactions: Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
i feel like barton has been bad all season.

I agree he has been bad all season. He had a bad groin injury and may not be back all the way, but he’s always been a ball holder and a shooter. Not really a good fit now with other scorers stepping up.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Barton and Murray are just awful right now. Get Monte and Beasley back in

Murray is worth it for the upside but man Beasley and Morris should bet getting more of Barton's minutes. They played pretty awesome early in the year without Barton.

• Winner
Reactions: Doc