*** Official Texas Tech vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
We all laugh at that kick.....but the Toledo golfing buddy club will be laughing at us from Florida or Palm Springs all January and February.

It should be like the Navy Seals in that locker room.....if you are cold, ring the bell and go home. play the guys who still come out and see what happens.
I’m convinced CMC is headed to Nebbie. Bottom fell out after those rumors started. Think it’s a done deal.

What was the ridiculous tweet that Herbstriet sent after we beat OU one year? "He gone" or something like that?...LOL....I hate fake crying Herbstreit.....but he knows what he is talking about usually.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
It is like some of you have no clue where we came from. We have one down year after a few decent years and you act like divas. WTF. Seriously. I thought we were a better fanbase than this. But you people act like a bunch of spoiled brats.

A year like this just a few years ago would be considered a decent year.... really people step back and take a breath. Get back into reality. We used to make a bowl like once in a decade. Now we have been to 5 in a row and we have a down year and we all of the sudden think we are entitled to a bowl season every year.

Get a clue people. We literally have been play from winning more than half the games we lost this year. I have watched ISU get destroyed by the entire conference year in and year out for decades, only being lucky to win a non conference game or 2 most years. Now you people want to fire the best coach and staff the first time they have a down year needing a rebuild.

What a bunch of pathetic crybabies!!
Look! Matt’s mom is on CF

BDAL23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2019
Before that last drive ISU had run the ball on every 1st down play but one . I think I counted 11/12.
Our offense is way too predictable. The writing has to be on the wall. Our formations dictate to the defense what we will do.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, this was exactly my point. I'm thinking more about long-term pecking order. If we're not clearly in a "tier above" teams like TT, WV, and Kansas, then what are we doing? If Campbell can't get us consistently in the mix with the Kansas State, Texas, and Oklahoma States of the world in year seven, I'm not sure why you're going to continue to trot him out there.

ISU has been there plenty over the past 7 seasons. It's an ebb and flow type deal, and a down year isn't that crazy.

That said, hardly any upward trajectory throughout the season in potential is not great.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It is like some of you have no clue where we came from. We have one down year after a few decent years and you act like divas. WTF. Seriously. I thought we were a better fanbase than this. But you people act like a bunch of spoiled brats.

A year like this just a few years ago would be considered a decent year.... really people step back and take a breath. Get back into reality. We used to make a bowl like once in a decade. Now we have been to 5 in a row and we have a down year and we all of the sudden think we are entitled to a bowl season every year.

Get a clue people. We literally have been play from winning more than half the games we lost this year. I have watched ISU get destroyed by the entire conference year in and year out for decades, only being lucky to win a non conference game or 2 most years. Now you people want to fire the best coach and staff the first time they have a down year needing a rebuild.

Honestly tired of hearing this stupid sentence at this point. Fun fact, we didn't make any of those plays did we? So who cares?

And more importantly, people say this as if we put up a ton of points and fell short. We shouldn't have had to make a single play or kick against KU, we scored 11 flipping points against a team who parts the red sea for EVERY OTHER TEAM. We shouldn't have had to make that one play against an Oklahoma State team who is clearly in an absolute tailspin and giving up so many points you can't even count them all. We shouldn't have had to make a catch against a KSU team who we held to 10 points...10! And we had the ball TWICE in the last several minutes starting on the 50 or better only to come up with ZERO points.

Come on man. I get what you are saying, and I am with you that CMC deserves a long leash. But this offense and special teams is not just bad. It's unwatchable. You can watch teams all over the place on Saturday that make offense look easy and they have way less talent than us. Or teams that can make a 35 yard or less FG without even trying, let alone kicking it so poorly that you would think the person kicking it was drunk.

Reactions: Walden4Prez

VoiceOfReason

Aug 21, 2016
I think CMC is a solid football coach and I want him here, but I wish he would stop being so fake to the media and us fans. Obviously no one gives a **** about trusting the process or making the players better men. We just wanna win football games.
Agreed. It's all just to excuse the losing and makes Campbell look kind of pathetic, in my opinion.

Every team in the country would say they're trying to make the players better men. While Campbell may actually be trying to do that in ways that we don't see, I don't really see anything extra or special that Iowa State is doing in that department. It just feels like hollow ******** he says when we lose to try to make fans feel better about the team losing and him as a coach.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
After the Ragin Caguns beat our asses. Realky pissed me off. Ive saved it. Another proud Cambell moment. It's like he's just playing us for we will get better eventually. In the meantime, don't question my ways. Earl Bruce rolling over in his grave. Screenshot_20221009-062750_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: dirtyninety

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
In the Margins? Is this code for The Upside Down, like in Stranger Things? Are we winning there with an explosive offense in another dimension while we put up with this bs in this dimension? Where tf are 'the margins' which coaches doth speak?

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021

Fan base can’t handle any type of success