*** Official Texas Tech vs #24 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Nice blowout win. Gives us enough to be happy about.
The first series and the FG block give us something to complain about, so we keep our Internet cred.
Tons of ways to remind everyone else that they aren't the fans they need to be.
That's a solid gameday.
Oh I think we will keep our internet cred regardless! ;)

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Fun game. There are just some games when you know you are going to win. Even after the TD, it just wasn't worth worrying about. Got to clean up some stupid mistakes and work on keeping our feet on the pedal. It looked like we had a bunch of starters out on defense when they scored that TD late.

also, not for nothing, I think mask compliance was even better today than it was last week.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Not to nitpick, but isn't it still a penalty on a field goal for a defender to use his teammates to help him leap over the line?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Not to nitpick, but isn't it still a penalty on a field goal for a defender to use his teammates to help him leap over the line?

tech defenders didn’t useone another at all...the 2 DTs literally just walked into backfield..

yes it is flag to step on another player back and jump over top..that didn’t happen here.. I wish it did..lol

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Wow, shocker. Heacock and the defense with another masterpiece. This was probably the best job coming out of the gate by this team. Another shout out to the OL. Foster, Newell and Simmons were dominant. Need to get Ramos and Downing healthy.

Another solid game from the offense. Really need to get special Teams cleaned up and get rid of the dumb pre snap penalties.

Going to hurt to lose Young for the first half vs OSU.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If you watch closely #57, who blocked it used ISUs linemen to launch, which is not illegal.

• Agree
Reactions: LarryISU

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Wow, shocker. Heacock and the defense with another masterpiece. This was probably the best job coming out of the gate by this team. Another shout out to the OL. Foster, Newell and Simmons were dominant. Need to get Ramos and Downing healthy.

Another solid game from the offense. Really need to get special Teams cleaned up and get rid of the dumb pre snap penalties.

Going to hurt to lose Young for the first half vs OSU.
Word has it that Trae Young will fill in on that next week.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If you watch closely #57, who blocked it used ISUs linemen to launch, which is not illegal.
Did OU guy actually launch off another player to block the FG? If so I believe that is illegal.

Add: Nevermind. Quote from @Beyerball: "tech defenders didn’t useone another at all...the 2 DTs literally just walked into backfield..

yes it is flag to step on another player back and jump over top..that didn’t happen here.. I wish it did..lol "

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Did OU guy actually launch off another player to block the FG? If so I believe that is illegal.

Add: Nevermind. Quote from @Beyerball: "tech defenders didn’t useone another at all...the 2 DTs literally just walked into backfield..

yes it is flag to step on another player back and jump over top..that didn’t happen here.. I wish it did..lol "
In real time it looked like he put his hands on the TTU DL and pushed off, but he used ISUs linemen and sort of jumped over the TTU DL. I think it was the right no-call.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: LarryISU and t-noah

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Will McDonald is currently leading the big 12 in sacks at 4.5.

Breece Hall is the current rushing leader

Rose and Hummel have 3rd most tackles in the conference.

Reactions: t-noah