*** Official Texas at Iowa State gameday thread ***

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Looking around, looks there's going to be a big crowd here tonight. Fun to watch the Texas players looking around, kind of in awe...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Our team must has watched the men's game and decided to follow the slow start.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'm too busy watching in person, and BTW women outscored the men again:)

mikedp

Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I was there for first half, came home (N. Ames) to watch 2nd half on TV and see know one cared about the Women on CF. I know strong words for Sat night when I'm sure most CF followers have a life and out with friends and prefer to follow forums during week while at work.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Looking around, looks there's going to be a big crowd here tonight. Fun to watch the Texas players looking around, kind of in awe...

Their coach said much the same in the post-game. Nice crowd and a new experience for some of her players. I haven't had a chance to follow Facebook or Twitter so I may have missed a hint by Jody. Were there any special guests today? Sisters are looking good - six players in double digits. We're driving to Lawrence - huge game - hope to see a lot of fans.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Great win. I didn't think anyone could out wrestle Bluder for lack of class but Ashton did tonight. what a joke that last 2 minutes was.

She gave Bill a hug after the game and was very complimentary of our fans and team. I think she is decent, as far as opposing coaches go - certainly better than Bluder.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
While might have worked in our favor tonight, I think it has also motivated other teams to play harder.
I agree - it's a treat for most teams to come in here and see so many fans who care about women's basketball. I'd play harder, and more inspired, if I was a visiting player too...

Help Support Us

Become a patron