NFL: *** Official Super Bowl Thread ***

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I thought it was a great Super Bowl, even without my favorite team in it. And I'm glad the Patriots didn't win another one.

I was thinking about the halftime show. It was pretty good and JT is a great artist. Then I was thinking about the last time a rock band headlined the half time show. You have to go back to 2010 with The Who.

Then I wondered, who would be the next real rock band to headline the Super Bowl halftime show? Is there anyone that's big right now that could do a halftime show?

I guess they could bring an older band out for a greatest hits show. I just can't think of any current actual ROCK band that could pull it off.

As you mentioned, Foo Fighters could do it for sure. They could even collaborate with other artists if there was concern over "mainstream appeal" or whatever.

Metallica also comes to mind as a huge name that still tours frequently. However, their music doesn't appeal to all.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
I don't watch a ton of NFL but why is this in question?

I'm late to the party here, but for those that are wondering why there was so much debate over the catch/no catch situations, there was this call that cost Pittsburgh home field advantage along with other crazy catches that were ruled incomplete this year.

Reactions: heitclone

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I'm late to the party here, but for those that are wondering why there was so much debate over the catch/no catch situations, there was this call that cost Pittsburgh home field advantage along with other crazy catches that were ruled incomplete this year.

The Zach Miller catch that was ruled incomplete still makes me sad. And cringe. Therefore, I will not post that exhibit.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
As you mentioned, Foo Fighters could do it for sure. They could even collaborate with other artists if there was concern over "mainstream appeal" or whatever.

Metallica also comes to mind as a huge name that still tours frequently. However, their music doesn't appeal to all.

Yeah, I think Metallica would have issues collaborating with other artists, and their classic songs would be way out there for a lot of the audience.

Foo Fighters could definitely collaborate well with some more pop centric artist.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

As a Steelers fan, thanks for reminding me. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think the Jesse James play was a catch as well. But I knew it would be overturned once the ball moved.

The main difference between the two was that James caught the ball on his knees and couldn't establish himself as a runner before reaching into the EZ. Ertz ran three steps and dove for it, which equated him to a running back reaching for the goal line, so all he had to do was break the plane with possession, which he did.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
As a Steelers fan, thanks for reminding me. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I think the Jesse James play was a catch as well. But I knew it would be overturned once the ball moved.

The main difference between the two was that James caught the ball on his knees and couldn't establish himself as a runner before reaching into the EZ. Ertz ran three steps and dove for it, which equated him to a running back reaching for the goal line, so all he had to do was break the plane with possession, which he did.

Yeah the plays aren't even close. While I think they both should have been catches, James was still in the process of his catch and Ertz was clearly a runner. He caught the ball at the 6 yard line. Seeing people in sports media call it "controversial" is so annoying

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone.TV

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Yeah the plays aren't even close. While I think they both should have been catches, James was still in the process of his catch and Ertz was clearly a runner. He caught the ball at the 6 yard line. Seeing people in sports media call it "controversial" is so annoying

I wonder if people calling it controversial were hoping the Pats would win.