***Official St. Louis Cardinals 2021 Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I searched through the forums and didn't see one started for this yet. I'm listening to the game today. Mike Shannon is drunk as a skunk announcing this game. Good lord, what an embarrassment.

Excited to watch the Cards this season!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Man I really like this lineup, especially the top half. I feel like Edman and DeJong have big seasons, they are going to see a lot of good pitches.

urb1

Jan 23, 2010
Urbandale
I searched through the forums and didn't see one started for this yet. I'm listening to the game today. Mike Shannon is drunk as a skunk announcing this game. Good lord, what an embarrassment.

Excited to watch the Cards this season!

What station are you getting them on?

Reactions: JP4CY

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
What station are you getting them on?

Ugh. This is a sore spot for me. I’ve had MLBTV for many years when we lived in Omaha and MSP and watched every game. We just moved back to the DSM area. So we are now blacked out. The only way to watch them is on FSN Midwest. But you can’t stream that unless you have a cable plan or directv. We stream everything so there’s no way to watch them, that I know of.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Ugh. This is a sore spot for me. I’ve had MLBTV for many years when we lived in Omaha and MSP and watched every game. We just moved back to the DSM area. So we are now blacked out. The only way to watch them is on FSN Midwest. But you can’t stream that unless you have a cable plan or directv. We stream everything so there’s no way to watch them, that I know of.

******* blackouts piss me off, we switched to Hulu Live and I am now in the same boat. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to watch.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We watched the game on the new Bally's Sports or the old Fox Sports Midwest channel 671 on Direct TV, in fact they are having the free baseball package the first week of the season.
Great first inning, scoring 6 runs, and then added on in the later innings. If the young outfielders keep producing like they did today, its going to be one hell of a season.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
******* blackouts piss me off, we switched to Hulu Live and I am now in the same boat. Hopefully someone can figure out a way to watch.

I’m assuming there’s a way to run your IP through a foreign address so you can watch on MLBTV but not sure. That’s beyond my abilities.

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Welcome to my hell from last year. First time I ever emailed complaining about blackouts. A freaking pandemic and no fans and you still couldn’t get them.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I’m assuming there’s a way to run your IP through a foreign address so you can watch on MLBTV but not sure. That’s beyond my abilities.

Watching the Birds from this site right now.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Wainwright was not signed with him being the #2 starter but the 4th or 5th starter. To teach the younger players the Cardinal Way. Because of injuries to Kim, Hudson and another starter, they are thin right now.
Lets see how this is working in another month or two.

“I admittedly know nothing about this topic, but here is my hot take.” - Signed, most people on the internet.

Waino is coming off a great year, and anyone paying attention to the Cards would know that he’s basically taking it year to year at this point.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Hopefully the little dust up today gets them fired up to win the series tomorrow. It was nothing too serious but it got me pumped up for baseball. Pry hate the reds the rest of the year, Castellano for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone