***Official St. Louis Cardinals 2021 Season Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Albert is literally the slowest player in baseball. As bad as Carp is in the field, Albert is a gigantic liability on defense. Unless it’s hit right at him, he cant field a thing.

It’d be cool for them to sign him to end his career, but I don’t see that happening.

If the DH was still in play in the NL like it was last year it would be the perfect ending to his career.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Albert is literally the slowest player in baseball. As bad as Carp is in the field, Albert is a gigantic liability on defense. Unless it’s hit right at him, he cant field a thing.

It’d be cool for them to sign him to end his career, but I don’t see that happening.
Yadi (healthy) beat Albert in a foot race?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Albert is an all time Cardinal great but I made my peace with him leaving as soon as he went to Anaheim, that decision wasn't the best for either party from a baseball sense but it was a no brainer. Albert couldn't turn down that money and it made no sense for STL to try to match. Love the guy but his time as a Card has passed.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
On schedule at this rate for +35 over .500 for 105 win season. Wishful thinking but IMO, Shildt has been a great decision by ownership. Matheny for whatever reason did not have it.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I had the opportunity to see the Cardinals in person on Sunday (and my first time at Busch 3). In addition to Waino's fine performance (at one point he had a man on 3rd with only one out, then struck out the next two batters), I saw Yadier hit the ball on the nose four times--two for doubles, and one of those for a key RBI. The man can hit. Arenado's homer put us on the board, and what a joy it is have him on the team and watch him play. He's got a little bit of the Pete Rose in him (i.e, the hard-nosed player). He was the first one out on the field doing warmups before the game.

The Cardinals are in first place, and for the first time this year, now have the best record in the National League.

Last edited:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Hmm. Some problems work themselves out, then others arise.

Going be an interesting second 1/4th of the season.
Without a doubt, but overall the start of the season has been a success. The Cards still have the same problems we have had the past few years, we need at least one more quality pitcher and one more bat in the outfield that can do damage. NA has been a Godsent, teams last year would walk Goldie and we were screwed, not now. I do wonder how long Yadi can keep hitting, but so far so good.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Without a doubt, but overall the start of the season has been a success. The Cards still have the same problems we have had the past few years, we need at least one more quality pitcher and one more bat in the outfield that can do damage. NA has been a Godsent, teams last year would walk Goldie and we were screwed, not now. I do wonder how long Yadi can keep hitting, but so far so good.

Just freaking stop walking people! Easiest and most controllable part of the game. Heard the stat the other night that in 2011, our relievers walked 107 batters all year. We’ve already passed that number as a staff this year.

Otherwise great season so far. All these walks are unlike a Shildt team. Wonder what’s up.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Young outfield looking good. Bader May have finally figured out how to lay off the slider away. Maybe the LFer will remember what Lou Brock, one of the all time base stealers, said and all ways slide feet first!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
They just gave an unbelievable stat, this season the Cards are on a pace for the 2nd most walks in club history and have now walked in a run with the bases loaded 12 times this season, the major league record for a season is 17.

Not the type of record you want to hold. This is only one game, need to regroup and go get them tomorrow.

Last edited:

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
1/2 of the bullpen is actually good and the other half shouldn’t even be on a MLB roster. Shildt decides to throw the bad half in a one run game against the Cubs in a very winnable game against their best starter.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
They just gave an unbelievable state, this season the Cards are on a pace for the 2nd most walks in club history and have now walked in a run with the bases loaded 12 times this season, the major league record for a season is 17.

Not the type of record you want to hold. This is only one game, need to regroup and go get them tomorrow.

Wow. That’s incredible and sad. My question is how do you fix this? It seems fairly simply “throw strikes.” Obviously the club is aware but it doesn’t seem to be improving.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Wow. That’s incredible and sad. My question is how do you fix this? It seems fairly simply “throw strikes.” Obviously the club is aware but it doesn’t seem to be improving.
They were talking about it on the broadcast last nite, to me the only way to fix it is, to just tell the whole group, "throw strikes or we are going to send you down and bring up someone that will." And then make an example of a few of them being sent down to Memphis to work on their control.

Outside of that, I have nothing.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron