***OFFICIAL SICK OF BEING SICK THREAD***

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
This winter been rough on anyone else here? I've been sick about 5 times this winter, and have had enough. Very frustrating.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm with ya there...spent a week home with walking pneumonia, then took about two more weeks to get my energy levels back to normal. I'm ready for warmth and fresh air again...

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
The evening of December 26th, I woke up from sleep with my nose running to where I could saturate 20 tissues, and it still didn't seem like I made a dent. Since then, my nose/sinuses haven't been quite right. Never a cold, just not at optimum working order.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Yeah, only had 2 colds this winter but my twin daughters are sick 2-3 weeks every month it seems.

Storkenheimer

Oct 2, 2011
People with young kids should be forced to wear respirator masks in public. It seems like they are the source of most widespread contagion.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
This winter been rough on anyone else here? I've been sick about 5 times this winter, and have had enough. Very frustrating.

Thanks for evening out the average for me Craig, I've been pretty good all winter (pause as I go punch some exposed wood for a half hour)

People with young kids should be forced to wear respirator masks in public. It seems like they are the source of most widespread contagion.

And I've got a 4 year old and a 13 month old.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Meh, my two year and wife and I had a cough / runny nose that wouldn't go away for a couple weeks each in Oct / Nov. Been pretty good since then.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
had something nasty a couple weeks ago, must have caught it from a coworker - she was out for three days with it. I feel lucky that I was only out for a day and feeling awful for most of a 2nd but still able to work!

Airbag's got a point......we run a humidifier in our apartment. Dry sinuses get irritated and allow germs in more easily.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I think increased colds & other viruses are not so much a product of the cold weather, but the continuously recycled air we breathe in our homes, classrooms & offices. Although I have hayfever issues and pollen is my nemesis, I love being able to throw my windows open in the spring and inhale FRESH air. :)

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
First winter I have been sick in a decade. Also I just had a kid who started day care this past fall... Coincidence? I think not. Had walking pneumonia in January it sucked.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
First winter I have been sick in a decade. Also I just had a kid who started day care this past fall... Coincidence? I think not. Had walking pneumonia in January it sucked.
Kids are like pigeons that way - carrying illness from place to place. If snowcraig's kids were pigeons, they could at least fly home when he forgot them.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
It's been brutal. I had a bout with bronchitis that lasted six weeks (coincided with holiday season...merry effin' Christmas) and took four different antibiotics to knock it out. Followed it up with a sinus infection a couple weeks ago. Like a lot of other posters in here, even when I've felt pretty much ok my sinuses have still not been in great working order this winter. To paraphrase McCabe, this winter can suck a fat one.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

Darn right it sucks...sucks every ounce of energy out of your body. I slept for about four days before I finally went to the doc. Even slept through large parts of the ISU KSU game on tv...when my husband came home from the game, that's when he KNEW I was sick. :)

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
Kids are like pigeons that way - carrying illness from place to place. If snowcraig's kids were pigeons, they could at least fly home when he forgot them.

He's never going to live that down. Maybe he'd be sick less often if he forgot his kids more often.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron