***OFFICIAL Post UK Game/Season Thread :(****

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Great start on the way back to becoming perennially relevant again in MBB.

ISU has some exciting young players and a coach who can teach them.

Things to work on for next year: finishing around the hoop.

CycloneRoss

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2010
Great season. This year's team is one of my all-time favorite sports teams.

Mar 11, 2012
Overall great season. Who would have thought we would have done this at the beginning of the year? Proud of the way the guys have played.

Tough way for Scotty to go out. That guy gave his all, wish he would have shot lights-out this game.

This exactly. ISU played outstanding and White played incredible 23 point?! guy was a beast, but thats nothing new. I thought ISU played very good defense at first they knew their game plan and stuck to it. Unfortunately for them Teague was actually hitting his jumpers tonight. as a UK fan this has been the best game I've seen UK play in the last couple of weeks so it's nice to see in that aspect. No shame in the season ISU had. 3rd place in the big12 and a 2nd (3rd) round appearance in the tourney. I feel if they woulda been up against Cuse or Mich st they would have had a better chance but definitely look forward to ISU be relevant and a contender (and rightfully so) in the next few years. Game game guy, you should be proud of your team.

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
Fantastic season by the guys. Could not be prouder of them. Hate to see Scotty and Chris go out this way, but they will always be Cyclones. I can't wait for next year, I think it's going to be really special!! Come on back Royce, we got some serious unfinished business to take care of!

CycloneNation18

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2012
Harlan, IA
Congrats to Kentucky. They just dominated us from about 15 minutes left in the second half on. They just couldn't miss a shot on that run. They are the best team in the country but hopefully lightning strikes twice next game against Indiana.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Give credit where credit is due...UK played lights out tonight!!!! It has been a great season Cyclones! Good Job!!!!

Just wait till next season!!!!:yes:

However, I have to hate the Davis kid now because of his mom.

jersey2

Mar 21, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Hell of a year! I am very proud of this team. If Royce comes back next year the Cyclones are going to be a very tough team to beat!

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
You guys definitely had a great season. I don't think any team could have hung with Kentucky tonight.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Tremendous season. Fred has really grown as a coach since day 1 on the job. I don't think there is any doubt we have one of the best young coaches in the country. With the pro connections and pro sets we run we should continue to bring in talent aspiring to be in the NBA. The future is very bright for BB at ISU.

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
Man that was a fun season. Sucks we had to play UK at it's best but wtf. Freddy's bringing the magic back fellas. You gotta love it. I really pray the lion is back next year.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I can't wait until next year. I want it now.

This. And I don't want to see our guys wearing the old Michigan State knock-offs. I would love for Nike to make ISU their own unique set preferably, but anything other than what we've got now. That and the gold set needs to return.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Allen has grown up so much this year and it shows what impact Fred has on these kids. Awesome year and damn proud of what they did.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
UK is going to run away with it. Really proud of our team and how they continued to get better all year. Thank you to Scotty and Chris I wish you the best. Royce, go ahead and stay and take us to the final four.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This exactly. ISU played outstanding and White played incredible 23 point?! guy was a beast, but thats nothing new. I thought ISU played very good defense at first they knew their game plan and stuck to it. Unfortunately for them Teague was actually hitting his jumpers tonight. as a UK fan this has been the best game I've seen UK play in the last couple of weeks so it's nice to see in that aspect. No shame in the season ISU had. 3rd place in the big12 and a 2nd (3rd) round appearance in the tourney. I feel if they woulda been up against Cuse or Mich st they would have had a better chance but definitely look forward to ISU be relevant and a contender (and rightfully so) in the next few years. Game game guy, you should be proud of your team.

The way Kentucky played tonight they would have given a few NBA teams a run for their money. Incredible performance by your guys. Every other 1-seed would have gone down by 20 tonight.