***Official: OVERTIME Post Game Day Thread - Nebraska @ ISU***

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Well Colorado next week is possible. KSU isn't a world beater but considering the season we have had I don't know how you can expect to beat them. The only chance at post season is to win out and it will be slim at that. I don't see it happening but it is nice to beat Nebraska for the last time:yes:

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Re: ***Official: Post Game Day Thread - Nebraska @ ISU***

We are 15-14
We beat Colorado at home here on the 2nd, lose at K-State (16-15) Probably lose the 1st game of the Big12 tourney... 16-16 gets us into the NIT. just need to be .500

wilkinson.jpg

You Dream General. :spinny:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

We are 15-14
We beat Colorado at home here on the 2nd, lose at K-State (16-15) Probably lose the 1st game of the Big12 tourney... 16-16 gets us into the NIT. just need to be .500

Just joking.......I actually liked your post. I think we'd need 17-15 at the least, which means we probably have to beat KSU once, and more than likely, twice, to get there.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
Fair enough... here's what I found...
Selection process
In the past, NIT teams were selected in consultation with ESPN, the television home of the NIT [2]. The goal of the NIT was to sustain the MIBA financially. Therefore, schools selected to play in the NIT were often major conference teams with records near .500 that had large television fan bases and would likely have a respectable attendance for tournament games on their home court. The latter is one reason why New Mexico was invited virtually every year the Lobos had a winning season but failed to qualify for the NCAA tournament.[12] Seeding considerations and home court advantage included the number of fans willing to show up to each game. In an effort to maintain some quality, a rule saying that a team must have a .500 record to qualify for the NIT was imposed. This prevented ESPN from suggesting major conference teams that finished at or very near the bottom of their conference standings but would likely garner good fan interest.

The NCAA announced a revamped selection process starting with the 2006 tournament. The main highlights are:
  • Teams are no longer required to have .500 or greater records to receive bids. Even with this change, however, all teams receiving invitations for the NIT have had .500 or greater records.

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty

We are 15-14

You're, you're crazy man! I like you! You're crazy!

Maybe to be eligible, but there is no way they take a team with only 3 conference wins. That is of course assuming we win another game in there somewhere. This win was great, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.:v_SPIN:

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°

You're, you're crazy man! I like you! You're crazy!

Maybe to be eligible, but there is no way they take a team with only 3 conference wins. That is of course assuming we win another game in there somewhere. This win was great, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.:v_SPIN:
I agree, but conf. record has nothing to do with post season selection... read my last post.... took it from Wiki

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Very thrilled for the team and coaches. To end the season without another W would have been cruel and unnecessary punishment for this team that has played so hard.

Enjoy guys!

westlbcyclone

Jun 28, 2010
North Liberty

I agree, but conf. record has nothing to do with post season selection... read my last post.... took it from Wiki

For some reason that just feels like one of those things the selection committee would take into account. They say it has nothing to do with it, but how does it not. Ya know? I understand that they don't mention that it plays a part, but when the schedule/record is broken down they are going to look at it sometime.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Well there was a thread on HN this week about Iowa having a chance at a post season tournament. I think it was started from an article from the Gazette. If they have a chance, then I would think we would if we win 2 or 3 more games.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Well there was a thread on HN this week about Iowa having a chance at a post season tournament. I think it was started from an article from the Gazette. If they have a chance, then I would think we would if we win 2 or 3 more games.

The tournament was the CBI...not the NIT and did you read the article as to the reasoning?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

For some reason that just feels like one of those things the selection committee would take into account. They say it has nothing to do with it, but how does it not. Ya know? I understand that they don't mention that it plays a part, but when the schedule/record is broken down they are going to look at it sometime.
Not to be nitpicky, but our conference regular season won-loss will be entirely irrelevant and overlooked by the committee when we sweep through to win the Big XII Tournament.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron