NFL: *** Official NFL Off-season Thread ***

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
No, it was probably be this:

oOq5O.gif
Did he just get drafted in the first round of the NFL draft or hit a 4 foot putt to save par?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
So, the Browns are pretty much guaranteeing they will be taking a QB with their first pick, aren't they? I mean, Bortles, Bridgewater, or Manziel is going to be donning the Brown and Orange and starting from day 1, right?

I read a report yesterday (can't remember where) linking Matt Schaub to the Browns. So they might still be in the hunt for a veteran QB. It's a weak QB free agent crop, but if you're going to need one to serve as a placeholder you could do worse than Schaub. Cleveland's going nowhere next season anyway.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Ware to Denver. Might as well have the Seahawks and Broncos play the Super Bowl again. Hopefully with a different result.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Denver plays at Seattle this season. That better be a national tv game. Heck make it the season opener.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Denver plays at Seattle this season. That better be a national tv game. Heck make it the season opener.

No, they won't make it the opener. Week 1 will have some big games, possibly a conference championship rematch or two, but not a Super Bowl rematch. Week 1 doesn't need anything to garner ratings. They'll wait til at least week 4 for the Super Bowl rematch, I'll bet.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines

It will be a Sunday night game for sure but not the opener. As defending Super Bowl champs, the Seahawks will host a Thursday night game for opening week. The Super Bowl was such a blowout that the NFL won't put a rematch as their big season kickoff game.

I'm guessing the 49ers at Seattle will be the opener. After what happened in the NFC Championship Game, its the best rivalry in the NFL and will draw big ratings/hype. I'm thinking the Broncos will be involved in the first Sunday night game of the year...either hosting the Colts or Chiefs or going to New England

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
It will be a Sunday night game for sure but not the opener. As defending Super Bowl champs, the Seahawks will host a Thursday night game for opening week. The Super Bowl was such a blowout that the NFL won't put a rematch as their big season kickoff game.

I'm guessing the 49ers at Seattle will be the opener. After what happened in the NFC Championship Game, its the best rivalry in the NFL and will draw big ratings/hype. I'm thinking the Broncos will be involved in the first Sunday night game of the year...either hosting the Colts or Chiefs or going to New England

Yeah you and Janny in a previous post are right. I just suggested it because Super Bowl champs always get to host the opener and we are one of their home games. I want it to be a Sunday night, because Monday night football in unwatchable anymore.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Revis to the Patriots. 1 year 12 million deal per Schefter.

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Revis to the Patriots. 1 year 12 million deal per Schefter.

The Broncos and Patriots are widening the gap from the rest of the AFC. The Seahawks and Niners are clearly ahead of the field in the NFC.

So basically next year's NFC and AFC Championship games will be rematches of this last season.