**** Official NFL Draft 2017 Thread ****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Pretty happy with what the Packers did overall. 3 RB's and only 1 OL was a bit weird. I would've rather seen 2 RBs and 2 OL, but signing Evans on the OL probably helped dictate that.

Liked getting Biegel from Wisky. Some say he might be just as good as Watt.

I'd give them a B grade.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Pretty happy with what the Packers did overall. 3 RB's and only 1 OL was a bit weird. I would've rather seen 2 RBs and 2 OL, but signing Evans on the OL probably helped dictate that.

I'd give them a B grade.
Yeah, I thought it was weird that they took 3 running backs.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Pretty happy with what the Packers did overall. 3 RB's and only 1 OL was a bit weird.....
I'd give them a B grade.

Their first two picks were solid. The rest seemed to be so-so. Thought Ted was reaching by taking three backs.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

I'd give them a B grade.

I am guessing that TT isn't expecting all 3 to contribute year one but having 3 options one should be able to. Last year they were caught without one legitimate option after Lacy was hurt. It did force Montgomery onto the field but he is probably best used situationally with his health concerns.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Their first two picks were solid. The rest seemed to be so-so. Thought Ted was reaching by taking three backs.

I understand they lost Lacy and Starks, but they do have Montgomery, Micheal, and Don Jones?, so it's not like they don't have anyone. I suppose you draft 3 with the hope that 1 of them pans out I suppose?

I would have liked to see them draft 2 guards on the line though with the losses of Sutton last year, and TJ Lang and JC Tretter this year. At least they signed free agent Jahri Evans, so that will help a bit, but this guy from South Florida they drafted looks like a reach at best.

Liked what they did on defense though. Lots of size and speed at needed positions.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
That's silly. Cook, Elflein, Johnson, and Gedeon are locks. They'll stash a few on practice squad, to be sure, but there will be more than 2 that make the 53 man.

2007 was his first draft as GM. Maybe he hasn't been as horrible as I think, but I don't thinke he's been the resounding success you seem to see him as either. It seems like we get nothing in rounds 3,4, and 5, where you really have to know what you're doing to build depth.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/draft.htm

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
2007 was his first draft as GM. Maybe he hasn't been as horrible as I think, but I don't thinke he's been the resounding success you seem to see him as either. It seems like we get nothing in rounds 3,4, and 5, where you really have to know what you're doing to build depth.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/draft.htm

IMO, it seems like Spielman will make some great moves and then some stupid moves right after. Overall I think he has done okay. Much better than what they had before.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
IMO, it seems like Spielman will make some great moves and then some stupid moves right after. Overall I think he has done okay. Much better than what they had before.

It's pretty much an every other year sort of thing if you go back to 2007. One year horrible, the next year better.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I think Spielman has nailed the draft and UFA. Hes drafted a ton of players that have made Pro Bowls and last years defense, one of the top in the NFL, only had 3 players that played meaningful snaps (Linval Joseph, Captain Munnerlynn and Terence Newman) that weren't drafted by the Vikings.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
It was a bad, bad weekend for the B12....

Attachments

• IMG_2503.PNG
    IMG_2503.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 10