Wigginton news (until he is back) thread

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
As long as LW heals up fine and returns for most of the season then I don’t think he will be staying around..

• Agree
Reactions: Allikat

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lol, yeah, that wasnt one of my better moments. Im just disapointed we arent going to have a full team for Maui, been waiting years to see them get a tourney like that and it seems like we are going to be short-handed there. Im worried about getting swept there and then losing to Iowa without Wiggington and Lard.

Would it have made you feel better if they had Lard and Wiggs and still had this happen?

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
It really sucks him being out and the only good thing is he will get rested for when he comes back. I think he has been playing non stop more or less for 24 months. The Fab Four will get freshman legs at some time. LW needs to be back by then.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Probably a good thing pretty much all of the big non con games are early so he’s not tempted to rush back too early.

If he’s not back in time for Iowa Dec 6, might as well rest him till conference in January as it’s just cupcakes the rest of Dec.

Too bad he injured his foot late in a blowout though.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
If LW returned (which I doubt) that would surely make for a lethal guard combo between him and Prentiss Nixon.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If nothing is broken or torn i don’t see why LW would need to sit more than a month with zero activities on the foot..what is strange is normally when u hear a pop or feel a pop near the heel that is Achielles rupture...But they would have known by now if his Achilles ruptured as the did an MRI..so kinda odd but good odd i guess. If it was achieles he’d be done and they would just say.

So not sure what to think other than LW and the team might have gotten very very lucky on that one.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Man, hope he can come back at full health this year. His and Young’s injuries worry me.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
This is exactly why Prohm was so stupid in mentioning December as the earliest return date for Lard and Talley on that first press conference. He should not have indicated a return date for those two guys in case of unexpected injuries, attrition, etc. He could have re-assesed the situation and maybe bring them back early or stagger their suspensions. Now he can't do that since his hands are tied until December.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
This is exactly why Prohm was so stupid in mentioning December as the earliest return date for Lard and Talley on that first press conference. He should not have indicated a return date for those two guys in case of unexpected injuries, attrition, etc. He could have re-assesed the situation and maybe bring them back early or stagger their suspensions. Now he can't do that since his hands are tied until December.

Pretty sure he's fine with that. Not stupid. Just not willing to be situational with his ethics.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron