Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

tenor.gif

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
This is our chance for new kids to step up and see what they are made of. I wouldn't be surprised to see how well some of those newbies play tonight and in Maui.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Fortunately, I made an serious investment several years ago and took a trip to China for some special training. My body is ready for the season.

Somehow, I expected the interviewee's voice to be much, much higher.

• Funny
Reactions: TykeClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Equally disappointed/let down that Lindell will be out for a while, and excited to see how the rest of our team (especially the freshmen) do against Mizzou. A lot more depth than last year.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
He is in a hard cast. That can not be good!

Reporters on Twitter are hinting at skepticism of it being a strain.

I'll just throw this out there, and to be clear this is pure 100% speculation on my part. But would anyone be surprised if this is really more serious and we don't find out until later? Seems like we get these vague answers (or no answers at all) on things like Lard's punishment and then boom, he's out for a quarter of the season. Maybe we aren't being told everything here.

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Goes to show just how deep that "We are Iowa State" nutcup culture runs. There's a handful of posters who all but buried the team as soon as the Lard and Talley suspensions were announced. How about we let them play a meaningful game or two and see how things look?

And even if they lose some early games, we can still get back to near full strength for Big12 play and play meaningful games in March. We might not get as high of a seed if we don't have a great non-conference, but that doesn't mean we can't dance.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Well that pretty much sucks, but when was the last time a rumor about an ISU player came out that was not true or worse then rumored? Guess the young guys are going to have to take a big step forward sooner than expected. Prohm really does have horrible luck on injuries.

• Agree
Reactions: xr4ticlone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
So 'strain' is the new 'broken' or has the treatment changed from ice and rest to immobile hard cast.

Maybe immobilizing it assists with the recovery time? (disclaimer: I have no idea).

Foot/ankle injuries can be funny sometimes.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Maybe immobilizing it assists with the recovery time? (disclaimer: I have no idea).

Foot/ankle injuries can be funny sometimes.

That's the hope I suppose.

The basketball season has shifted for excitement in a very short time. Went from having potential to everyone doing a lot of hoping.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron