***Official NBA Playoffs Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
do-the-john-wall-o.gif

• Funny
Reactions: CloneGuy8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Look at this freaking guy! He tries to call me out 10 days after I posted that. Look kid, I'm doubling down on what I said like 11 days ago. The Spurs will not make the finals. They consistently are a team that shows up in the regular season and inconsistently shows up in the post season. This Warriors series best case for them will go 6 games. Realistically, I see a Golden State sweep. If you have the courage in your conviction, you will bet me the Spurs will make the Finals, but I doubt you will because you are just a keyboard warrior. Pony up or move out.

Bode, Spurs probably won't make the finals because of GS and their own (Spurs) injuries, but for a team that is consistently solid and also makes the playoffs, there aren't many teams with fewer superstars than they have. But keep acting like an ass it's what you do best. The Spurs are one of the few teams that have consistency all the way from ownership to the bottom level of the management.

• Agree
Reactions: AgronAlum

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Game 7 is really on Monday after the WCF have started?

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Mike Clown is a joke. I know the Cavs didn't have great pieces around LeBreezy in his first Cavs run, but he was badly out-coached in the playoffs time after time. Warriors fans are finding out the hard reality having this guy as your head coach.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Spurs have whizzed away a massive lead and are now in danger of losing this one after leading by 23 or something like that here in the second half.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
The Spurs have come back from worse losses than that one, but still that has to be demoralizing. Huge lead, on the road and a big chance to put Steph Curry's cocky ass on the ropes and they let them up.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
The Spurs have come back from worse losses than that one, but still that has to be demoralizing. Huge lead, on the road and a big chance to put Steph Curry's cocky ass on the ropes and they let them up.

Pretty simple really: Lost Kawhi, @GSW, and GSW is just an amazing team. Still demoralizing for SAS with the lead at the half, yes. But the Spurs don't strike me as a team that will get too up or down with the outcome of one game.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
You're forgetting one key factor.

Zaza Pachulia - Dirty player or lumbering oaf?

I think it's a little bit of both. He has a well- deserved reputation around the league already. But I don't think he was doing anything dirty on this particular play. I don't think he's agile enough to pull off something like that intentionally. He closed out hard and momentum took over. Sucks for the Spurs, and basketball fans in general. Kawhi was amazing prior to the injury yesterday.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Ugh, I quickly remembered why I dont watch the halftime show for NBA games, Shaq has zero sense of humor and doesnt know what a joke is, its either that or he just isnt bright enough to get the concept of humor.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
GSW SAS and CLE BOS is what I expected. Game 2 is tonight and then the WCF has a 3 day break to let the ECF get 2 games in. Do they typically schedule like this? Couldn't recall how they've done it recently but thought the WCF winner may get more rest before the Finals over the ECF winner than a day (depending on how long these series go).

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
GSW SAS and CLE BOS is what I expected. Game 2 is tonight and then the WCF has a 3 day break to let the ECF get 2 games in. Do they typically schedule like this? Couldn't recall how they've done it recently but thought the WCF winner may get more rest before the Finals over the ECF winner than a day (depending on how long these series go).

I got the Warriors in five and the Cavs in four. I think the Wizards would have provided a tougher challenge to Cleveland in the ECF. The Cavs are a bad matchup for Boston. They can throw multiple defenders at Isaiah Thomas, hide Kyrie somewhere else defensively, and beat Boston to death on the boards. Oh, and that Lebron guy is pretty good too.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
The draft lottery is tonight at 7:30 CST. Big night for the Lakers, who will either get a top three pick in 2017 or lose their 2017 and 2019 first rounders.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I got the Warriors in five and the Cavs in four. I think the Wizards would have provided a tougher challenge to Cleveland in the ECF. The Cavs are a bad matchup for Boston. They can throw multiple defenders at Isaiah Thomas, hide Kyrie somewhere else defensively, and beat Boston to death on the boards. Oh, and that Lebron guy is pretty good too.
If Kawhi comes back I could see the Spurs taking 2 games. The Celtics have no chance against the cavs who have had 10 days of rest.
The draft lottery is tonight at 7:30 CST. Big night for the Lakers, who will either get a top three pick in 2017 or lose their 2017 and 2019 first rounders.
I really hope the lakers pick ends up being #4+ so it goes back to the 76ers just because I hate LaVar Ball. If boston gets a top 3 pick do they trade the pick?

Reactions: YeahBuddy

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

How is the LAL 2019 1st rounder tied to tonights lottery?