***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I was a Lions fan from about '95-'05 when I knew one of their players...and I lived in Chicago from '03-'15. So I've usually ended up watching this game for some odd reason. I don't think both teams have ever been good in that 25 year stretch.
2007 bears Super Bowl

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
I've been a Lions fan for as long as I can remember because as a little kid my grandparents bought me footie pajamas with a Detroit Lions helmet on it for Christmas (it just happened to be the one they picked and no other reason). I of course had to cheer for the Lions because they were on my pajamas. Those pajamas have brought me years of misery, but now that I'm in my 40's I can't pull myself away to cheer for any other team.

At least this year I've had the pleasure (and agony) of watching Lazard and Montgomery score touchdowns to beat my Lions... But seriously, why couldn't my grandparents have picked any other pajamas?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Is that the third facemask uncalled facemask tonight?
All in favor of the Cowboys. And a phantom block in the back call that went against Chicago. The present state of NFL officiating is mind boggling.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
The fumble shouldn’t have happened. One a face mask. Two should have been blown dead. Three maybe some of his ****** linemen helping him or being around to prevent stripping of the ball.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The fumble shouldn’t have happened. One a face mask. Two should have been blown dead. Three maybe some of his ****** linemen helping him or being around to prevent stripping of the ball.
Yeah that fumble wasn't on David. Also, unrelated, but with the bears winning tonight i suddenly become very uncomfortable as a Vikings fan. Bears seem to be figuring it out at a really bad time and I can feel a nut kick coming