***OFFICIAL MIAMI (OH) vs. IOWA PREDICTION THREAD***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
Iowa would be a middle of the pack Big 12 team. Behind K State and maybe ahead of Texas Tech. That's not saying they would be worse than Kansas

Behind KState huh? Interesting. But then again, you aren't usually the best ISU poster to have an actual conversation with. Where is srjclone when I need him?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Behind KState huh? Interesting. But then again, you aren't usually the best ISU poster to have an actual conversation with. Where is srjclone when I need him?

Snyder > Ferentz and it's not even close. In the last 5 years Snyder has 3 top 25 finishes, Ferentz has 1 in the last 6.

Snyder has 13 top 25 finishes in his last 20 years at K State, Ferentz has 6 in his 17 years at Iowa

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
Snyder > Ferentz and it's not even close. In the last 5 years Snyder has 3 top 25 finishes, Ferentz has 1 in the last 6.

Snyder has 13 top 25 finishes in his last 20 years at K State, Ferentz has 6 in his 17 years at Iowa

Kstate is a hot mess. Iowa would be behind Oklahoma, Baylor (maybe), TCU (maybe) for this football season. Maybe OSU, but they haven't been too great as of late, have they (honest question).

And yes, last year for the Hawks was a total anomaly. It won't happen again this year. We snuck out wins (hell, one against ISU), and had our lucky year. Still, there is no way KState would be above us in football. Nope.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kstate is a hot mess. Iowa would be behind Oklahoma, Baylor (maybe), TCU (maybe) for this football season. Maybe OSU, but they haven't been too great as of late, have they (honest question).

And yes, last year for the Hawks was a total anomaly. It won't happen again this year. We snuck out wins (hell, one against ISU), and had our lucky year. Still, there is no way KState would be above us in football. Nope.

Yes football is only one season at a time. Let's not look at the bigger picture of K State and Iowa and their recent success. It's not like fans wanted Ferentz fired a year ago or anything.

I love high expectations though. Even you're smart enough to know Iowa never meets expectations, they either exceed them or suck and I think we both agree Iowa isn't exceeding the expectations for this season

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
Yes football is only one season at a time. Let's not look at the bigger picture of K State and Iowa and their recent success. It's not like fans wanted Ferentz fired a year ago or anything.

I love high expectations though. Even you're smart enough to know Iowa never meets expectations, they either exceed them or suck and I think we both agree Iowa isn't exceeding the expectations for this season

I didn't know the last 10 years of seasons mattered for this upcoming one? Maybe something changed? Hmm...

I didn't say, 5 years ago, we'd be ahead of Kstate. I said, for this year, we'd be ahead of Kstate, without a doubt. Seemed pretty clear.

And, I'm not sure what the expectations are this year for Iowa? Personally, I'd be a little let down not playing for another conference Championship. I mean, we do have another, for the most part, cake walk of a schedule. Barring any injuries (F you AIRBHG), I think we should have another solid season. Would you disagree? And if so, why? Honestly...I'd love to know where you see losses outside of Mich, and then dropping another conference game or two...which would still have us tied for our side, and playing for the championship.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't know the last 10 years of seasons mattered for this upcoming one? Maybe something changed? Hmm...

I didn't say, 5 years ago, we'd be ahead of Kstate. I said, for this year, we'd be ahead of Kstate, without a doubt. Seemed pretty clear.

And, I'm not sure what the expectations are this year for Iowa? Personally, I'd be a little let down not playing for another conference Championship. I mean, we do have another, for the most part, cake walk of a schedule. Barring any injuries (F you AIRBHG), I think we should have another solid season. Would you disagree? And if so, why? Honestly...I'd love to know where you see losses outside of Mich, and then dropping another conference game or two...which would still have us tied for our side, and playing for the championship.

If those are the expectations than Iowa is set up for an 8-5 type season. Clockwork under Ferentz

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Better than 3-9!

True but 3-9/4-8 is kind of the expectations in Ames given a new coach, no depth and a tough schedule. If Iowa goes 8-5 there will only be one fan base calling for their Head Coach to be fired

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
True but 3-9/4-8 is kind of the expectations in Ames given a new coach, no depth and a tough schedule. If Iowa goes 8-5 there will only be one fan base calling for their Head Coach to be fired

I highly doubt 8-5 gets anyone back aboard the Fire Kirk train. Sorry man.
And, I'd bet more along 9-4 (at the bottom end), which would assume we didn't make the Championship game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I highly doubt 8-5 gets anyone back aboard the Fire Kirk train. Sorry man.
And, I'd bet more along 9-4 (at the bottom end), which would assume we didn't make the Championship game.

I guarantee 8-5 gets people on the fire Kirk train. 9-4 with an ISU loss might do it

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
I guarantee 8-5 gets people on the fire Kirk train. 9-4 with an ISU loss might do it

Yes, because an ISU loss after a 12-2 season, will just get everyone back up in arms. You, by far, are the worst, and most obvious troll on here. At least it's keeping my Friday afternoon entertaining.

You know what will be more entertaining? Seeing ISU start the year 0-3.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This thread sets a bad precedent. Are Hoks going to come here and open gameday threads for all their stupid games? It's almost like they're making CF their home. We need to build a (fire) wall.

Make CF great again!

Really, the only appropriate reply to these douchehawk threads is **** Iowa.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes, because an ISU loss after a 12-2 season, will just get everyone back up in arms. You, by far, are the worst, and most obvious troll on here. At least it's keeping my Friday afternoon entertaining.

You know what will be more entertaining? Seeing ISU start the year 0-3.

Where did I say Iowa fans would want to fire Ferentz after a 12-2 season and an Iowa loss?

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I'm OK with that but I don't know why Iowa fans a) deny they play a much easier schedule than ISU and b) tries to compare the two since they aren't comparable

It's gonna get settled on the court so to speak in about a week.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's gonna get settled on the court so to speak in about a week.

Not really. Iowa will pull out all stops to win the game, Campbell will treat it like another non conference game and then we go into playing a tough conference schedule while they play nobody so the pissing match will continue

Herkster

Feb 12, 2016
Not really. Iowa will pull out all stops to win the game, Campbell will treat it like another non conference game and then we go into playing a tough conference schedule while they play nobody so the pissing match will continue

Yes, we will pull out all the stops to beat a low tier B12 school, instead of being focused on, you know, playing for a conference championship instead. Because beating ISU is the most important thing that we can do!
Hell, I don't care if that's the only game we win all year! /sarcasm

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Yes, we will pull out all the stops to beat a low tier B12 school, instead of being focused on, you know, playing for a conference championship instead. Because beating ISU is the most important thing that we can do!
Hell, I don't care if that's the only game we win all year! /sarcasm

Iowa put up ISU posters, never saw them ever put up pictures of a Big Ten opponent or even Michigan State or Stanford last season. Pretty obvious which game means the most

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I predict Iowa will curb stomp Miami of Ohio and Eastern Iowa will still be full of mouth breathing d-bags that wear Black and Gold.

I heard it is not a sell out. I guess that is because UNI has an in-state game on the same day.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math