*** Official March Madness NCAA Tournament Thread 2023 ***

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That was a fantastic back door cover with the 3 by the Frogs with 3 seconds left, then blown back door cover with the foul with .07 seconds to play and two made free throws by the Zags and back door cover AGAIN with the buzzer three made by TCU! SVP is going to show this ending forever on Bad Beats, or Good Beats, depending on whether you had Gonzaga -4.5 or TCU + 4.5.

Yeah. Had Gonzaga -5.5. Glad I didn't stay up for that one.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Marquette lost but they are going to be even better next year. They return everyone.

UCLA Gonzaga is going to be a fun one. Completely opposite styles.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
In the last three years, the Big Ten has....
  • 26 bids
  • 4 Sweet Sixteen teams
In the last three years, the Big 12 has...
  • 20 bids
  • 6 Sweet Sixteen teams
  • 2 national champs
Big East - 27% of their teams still alive
SEC - 21% of their teams still alive
Big 12 - 20% of their teams still alive.
PAC - 8%
Big 10 - 7%
ACC - 7%

Still a lot left to go, but Big 12 probably isn’t going to end up performing as well as the last few years. Meanwhile the Big 10 continues its annual tradition of being hot garbage in the tournament.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
PAC - 8%
Big 10 - 7%
ACC - 7%

Still a lot left to go, but Big 12 probably isn’t going to end up performing as well as the last few years. Meanwhile the Big 10 continues its annual tradition of being hot garbage in the tournament.

I would say the Big 12 just beat up on each other but that's a super lame excuse. Several teams were just more vulnerable and inconsistent.

I've enjoyed watching the Big East this year and thought they had several real athletic, physical teams.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Sweet 16 teams by conference....

SEC -3
Big East -3
Big 12 - 2
ACC - 1
Big 10 -1
American-1
Pac 12 - 1
Ivy -1
Conference USA -1
WCC -1
MWC -1

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
PAC - 8%
Big 10 - 7%
ACC - 7%

Big East actually has 60% of teams still alive. 3 of 5.

Big 12 has 28% still alive. 2 of 7.

SEC has 38% still alive. 3 of 8.

Big Ten has 12% still alive. 1 of 8

Or am I just really wrong with math.

EDIT: I think you're using total number of teams in the conference not teams that made the tourney.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Nice! I should have thown darts for my picks. :) I do still have five Elite 8 and three Final Four Teams left though. The Marquette bracket is all shot to hell.
In our family pool, one of my sons has only one possible win left - Xavier to the Elite 8. After that he has no more teams. What's sad is that we always do a "coin toss" bracket and a "top seed" bracket for comparison purposes. The coin toss bracket still has two viable teams for the final four, and six for the elite 8, and it's already 10 pts ahead of my son. I'm thinking he would have been better off flipping a coin...

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Big 12 was the best conference but doesn't have the teams with the best shot at winning a title. KU and Texas had the best chances but their bracket and Self not coaching pretty much ended that possibility. Texas has the next best shot at getting to the Final Four and winning a title. KSU is in for a tough one against MSU but even if they can get by them I just don't see them beating Tennessee.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Michigan State is +1200 to get to the final 4. They would need to beat K-State and likely Tennessee; I threw a few bucks down on them as that seems like it has a decent shot. Miami had really bad odds and I was going to bet on them, but then realized its because they play Houston.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Big 12 was the best conference but doesn't have the teams with the best shot at winning a title. KU and Texas had the best chances but their bracket and Self not coaching pretty much ended that possibility. Texas has the next best shot at getting to the Final Four and winning a title. KSU is in for a tough one against MSU but even if they can get by them I just don't see them beating Tennessee.
If KState gets to the Final 4 and Texas doesn't, the "Tang to Texas" chant will begin....@Surly

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Michigan State is +1200 to get to the final 4. They would need to beat K-State and likely Tennessee; I threw a few bucks down on them as that seems like it has a decent shot. Miami had really bad odds and I was going to bet on them, but then realized its because they play Houston.
Only chance Miami has is if they get just red hot from 3.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Why in the hell couldn't McDermott do this at Iowa State??? I know there were injuries...but my God...He was good at UNI, He's been great for Creighton...just unfortunate he couldn't get it done at ISU.

He changed his style of play. Unfortunately he didn't do that until he went to Creighton. He tried to run his slow grind out possession offense he ran at UNI and we didn't have the players for that scheme.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The Gonzaga hate has to be the same level of hate since those great UNLV cheating teams in the Tarkanian days.

It's easy to hate on the Zags when they basically get two months off prior to the tournament. They can win 90% of their WCC games just by showing up.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron