*** Official March Madness NCAA Tournament Thread 2023 ***

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
From an entertainment standpoint it would get real old. As stressful as the Big 12 games have been the last few years I wouldn't trade it for the world. Pretty much every game in the entire conference was a contested affair.

For those doubting this, look at our own noncon schedule and actual attendance. Lots of people skip those blowouts because they can get pretty boring too after the first couple. Now imagine having 20 of those games every year.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The Zags are an enigma of a program. Back in the early days, they killed me in the Tournament picks when they were seeded in the lower depths and advanced beyond their seed in the Tournament. Now, they have earned the right to have a higher seed IMO and do well most of the time. Plus, I do respect they play tough OOC game including beating Alabama @ Birmingham this year.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

Intriguing, don't often see announcers during a big moment, I tend to envision them as being mostly “static” physically, using voice delivery/intensity to describe the action — Harlan reacted physically like a fan/viewer might. Maybe that’s common for him … I’m so used to hearing & not seeing during action, so I don’t know.

Last edited:

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
In our family pool, one of my sons has only one possible win left - Xavier to the Elite 8. After that he has no more teams. What's sad is that we always do a "coin toss" bracket and a "top seed" bracket for comparison purposes. The coin toss bracket still has two viable teams for the final four, and six for the elite 8, and it's already 10 pts ahead of my son. I'm thinking he would have been better off flipping a coin...
I'm in a pool with someone who has 12/16 still standing too like @dahliaclone! Granted, I made some goofy picks based on who I simply like (ISU, Drake and Northwestern for example), but I totally wiped out this year for the most part. Marquette can suck it!

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I filled out 2 brackets. The 1st, I got to my final 4 and realized it was 4 Big East teams! I swapped out Xavier for Texas.
I have Marquette in the final 4 in both. UCONN winning It all in both. Couldn't get out of my head how good and deep they looked in Portland. I think it will be them again Alabama.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Intriguing, don't often see announcers during a big moment, I tend to envision them as being mostly “static” physically, using voice delivery/intensity to describe the moment— Harlan reacted physically like a fan/viewer might. Maybe that’s common for him … I’m so used to hearing & not seeing during action, so I don’t know.

I'm just shocked they are able to call a moment like that without cussing. I'd be on the mic like "HOLY ****!"

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Well I guess the good thing is only 1.35 million watched our god awful game vs. Pitt:

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Who were the announcers assigned to the Des Moines games? I couldn't tell from my seats who they were.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
When are Saturdays games? It doesn't have a time on ESPN. Do they wait to announce game times? I figured since there are only a couple games it could be more pre determined. Trying to schedule some Saturday plans but obviously can't miss the games

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
When are Saturdays games? It doesn't have a time on ESPN. Do they wait to announce game times? I figured since there are only a couple games it could be more pre determined. Trying to schedule some Saturday plans but obviously can't miss the games

After Thursdays games they will schedule Saturdays

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron