*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Agree
Despite all our errors, Louisiana won because of their secondary’s ability to very effectively play man to man, completely shutting down our offense. Our receivers were never open.

Was that their secondary or the receivers just not being very good?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No chance we win that game. If ULL's defense could completely stop us today... Just imagine what TCU's defense will do to us.

Well I hope they look a lot better than they did today at least. Nowhere to go but up.

LA had all the excuses in the world to be the sloppier team today and it was the opposite. They were pretty mistake free and squared up.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Mahomes only played 5 minutes or so in that game. He left injured early.

Mahomes was 18/36 for 219 yards one TD and 2 INT's and throw his last INT with 14.19 in the 4th.

Mahomes actually played more than he should of in a blowout game. The score at the time of his last INT was 59 to 10 ISU.

Reactions: CyBobby

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
We need this Matt Campbell back
tenor.gif

He does sound/look stressed and tight compared to that guy. A lot to prove in two weeks.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Amen to this. I’ve always felt Campbell is too serious. I never see any fun on the sidelines. He’s acting like my coaches in the 1980’s. Get over it. It’s a game Matt. Gotta loosen it up and make some connections with the players. Am I the only one annoyed at his seriousness in interviews. He may not be capable of chillin’ ??

It gets stale when it doesn't show up on the field. I'm OK with his "team general" demeanor, but lately, he's looked and sounded more like a guy who needs a break. Today isn't going to help. I was really disappointed by that sideline report that our guys were silent. That was a terrible sign for the game and program. I liked Eisworth's fire. We need more guys like him leading the way.

Reactions: khardbored

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
They seemed to be good at getting there just early enough to disrupt the play but not so early as to draw a flag... which it seemed like there should have been several...

It was a little bit of WVU basketball syndrome, where the refs won't call them all. The aggressor usually wins in the end. They should've been flagged 2-3 times on crucial downs, but credit to them and their coaches for understanding how the game was being played/called and taking it to us. We didn't have an answer. Really disappointed in the receivers. It doesn't look like we have a gamebreaker.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
It was a little bit of WVU basketball syndrome, where the refs won't call them all. The aggressor usually wins in the end. They should've been flagged 2-3 times on crucial downs, but credit to them and their coaches for understanding how the game was being played/called and taking it to us. We didn't have an answer. Really disappointed in the receivers. It doesn't look like we have a gamebreaker.
If I remember correctly there were ZERO flags thrown in the first half. Only five for the game (3 on us, 2 on LA).

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
This one really is stinging....normally I get over these fast, this one tough though ...just feels like the whole program was exposed as a fraud today and there is nothing anyone can do....and if I can’t believe Campbell is the guy for football, and basketball in big trouble...just giving me anxiety today

I don’t know...this one really is bothering me

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Since we are on the discussions of refs, what was up with no call after the officials blown the play dead but the defender took Purdy to the ground?

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Since we are on the discussions of refs, what was up with no call after the officials blown the play dead but the defender took Purdy to the ground?
I've seen that in a couple other games. Apparently its harder for the players to hear the electronic whistle