*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Going with the same thought that I have had for the last 3 years...ISU needs better assistant coaches. OL, QB, receivers, special teams, fundamentals, game prep...are all mediocre and don't improve. Campbell won't pull the trigger. Maybe he was going to make some more substantial changes last winter but COVID trashed his plans.

All we can do at this point is hope they figure it out.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
In all seriousness though, we start every season like this. What is the issue? Why do we seem to never be as prepared as the rest of the teams early in the season? What are we doing wrong? What are we doing wrong on special teams? These have to be some obvious questions, I love the team and the coaches, but it is really time to look at things and see what is not working and what needs to change. They have to adapt and adjust, otherwise we will not advance.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
I won't put this on Purdy. They were playing tight man-to-man and our receivers couldn't get separation. I'm afraid other teams are going to use this game plan against us as well. Will we have an answer?

im just afraid not, no 3rd down receiver, a bunch of receivers that are auxiliary, also no backup for hall again. miss butler and lazard so much, would have even taken a tough 3rd down receiver in petteway. our best years are when we had a money 3rd down receiver, besides montgomery and lazard and butler not much has changed.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

Iluvteak

Oct 5, 2019
Epic fail. Takes me back to late 1980’s and sitting in stadium in a sleet storm getting blanked by the Sooners. Thx Matt.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
All I know is that team today absolutely sucked. Mediocre would be an improvement.

I'm not sure they're trashcan bad like the team that lost to Texas by something like 50 or 60 points when I was a student, but definitely bad enough to not be worth watching if other stuff is on.

Jeffreyisu

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I was a student during the Walden years and have been a fan for over thirty years. This is the first time i am truly embarrassed to be a fan of this university. This is completely on the coach. Something needs to change but it won’t. And, to be honest, I just don’t care any more.
If you were a student during the Walden years I'd expect you to have a little more maturity than to say this game, out of a long history of bad ISU football (with scores more like 64-3) is the FIRST time you've been embarrassed to be a fan.

You need to step back and get some perspective.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
We freak out at the beginning of every year. Frustrating for sure, but we’ll pull it together. We’ll just never get a 10 win season if starting slow is the norm.
The problem is we know this is a problem and we fail to address - completely on CMC.