*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Congrats to Louisiana. They earned this win. Pathetic Cyclone second half. Louisiana wanted it a lot more. They were much more physical at the point of attack in 2nd half. O-line really got pushed around after Downing left the game. Offense looked slow and not mentally sharp. Missing Kolar hurt, but no one was consistently getting open and running backs had O linemen pushed into their face too often in 2nd half.

Defense was serviceable to good, but still no TOs.

OMG special teams....beyond awful.

Cyclones are a "meh" team at best right now.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
We were slower in every position than a Sun Belt team and that is on SC coach..

This offense was not ready at all and cmc not having ST coach is killing program

If you do not dedicate a coaching position to special teams you are saying you will be able to manage the game by coaching other positions well enough to mitigate that loss of focus on special teams.

That was demonstrably false in this loss.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I was a student during the Walden years and have been a fan for over thirty years. This is the first time i am truly embarrassed to be a fan of this university. This is completely on the coach. Something needs to change but it won’t. And, to be honest, I just don’t care any more.

• Informative
Reactions: CyBobby

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Sorry, I haven't paid enough attention to this, but is there a live stream of the post game presser anywhere?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If you do not dedicate a coaching position to special teams you are saying you will be able to manage the game by coaching other positions well enough to mitigate that loss of focus on special teams.

That was demonstrably false in this loss.
It’s been demonstrable for quite a while actually.

Reactions: Drew0311

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Not having a special teams coach is the kind of over-thinking BS (or under?) that our coaching staff is prone to.