*** Official Louisiana-Monroe VS IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Easy. He got hurt and his backup wasn’t nearly as good. Same as Tech.
Let’s not exaggerate things.
Brewer was ejected with 5:51 left in the game, which was near the end of Baylor’s second to last drive of the game. His backup promptly converted a 3rd and 16 on the next play. On Baylor’s next and final drive Baylor drove just like they had many times with Brewer, yards and eating up clock, but not points.

Bowman played the entire game.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Brewer was ejected with 5:51 left in the game, which was near the end of Baylor’s second to last drive of the game. His backup promptly converted a 3rd and 16 on the next play. On Baylor’s next and final drive Baylor drove just like they had many times with Brewer, yards and eating up clock, but not points.

What the hell? Why was I thinking Bowman hurt his ribs against us? Was that against a different team?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Yeah, still like our chances w/ Brewer considering how much time was left and the situation, but it was definitely getting a little uncomfortable.

I don't think ISU faced a backup QB for any significant time all season outside of those 6 min. vs. Baylor. As you said, TTU's Bowman was their starter and played the whole game. Might have been his first game back after being out for an injury, though.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
What the hell? Why was I thinking Bowman hurt his ribs against us? Was that against a different team?
He had a collapsed lung a few weeks prior, and was knocked out the following week at OU. I know I wondered if the hits were getting to him. Gritty performance

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah, still like our chances w/ Brewer considering how much time was left and the situation, but it was definitely getting a little uncomfortable.

I don't think ISU faced a backup QB for any significant time all season outside of those 6 min. vs. Baylor. As you said, TTU's Bowman was their starter and played the whole game. Might have been his first game back after being out for an injury, though.

Actually looks like he had a recurring problem with the collapsed lung but played the week prior to the ISU game last year, then I think he re-injured it the week after ISU and was shut down.

Looks like ISU will not face him this year.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Bowman played against KU the week before. I can’t recall how well.

In regards to Brewer, I think part of it was protecting a 28-7 lead with only 15 minutes left. He’s a tough out, but we also were willing to trade some Baylor first downs for clock. I’m less optimistic this year, as we’ve been giving up those plays while not having a comfortable lead. If it continues I wonder if Rose moves back to the middle.