**Official: KC Big 12 Tournament Info (Tickets)**

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Re: How do the Big 12 Tourney Tickets work?

Correct. You will have to buy from actually resellers probably, but depending on demand for session 3 it will range in price. I'm still thinking if you get there around 7:30ish you're looking at a 40-60 ticket range per ticket.

If people really want cheap tickets I would recommend that they find people after the games are done Wed. night or right after the 1st session on Thursday. Many people going to the 1st session on Thursday will not stick around for the later session and will want to unload their tickets that afternoon.

Although this has worked in the past when there are four games on Wednesday I wouldn't bank on it this time around. I have been to the tournament since 1990 and seen it change a great deal. Scalping is now legal in Missouri and most of the fans from Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are not coming up to the tournament for just one day. Ultimately it is very unlikely that anyone of the losers on Wednesday night are going to be selling tickets. There simply will not be that many fans from those schools.

For those people arriving in K.C. at 7:30 or so you should absolutely buy a ticket before you arrive. Scalpers will likely have sold all tickets for Thursday Night's session and you could be S.O.L. No need to chance it. Face value for the tickets is $55 for lower levels and $45 for Upper Levels on Thursday night. You should be able to find a ticket for between $75-$85.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
well don't pay over face cuz legally they can't sell them for more

Selling at over face value is legal in Missouri. And be prepared to pay a substantial price for tickets on Friday if Iowa State advances past Texas and you have not secured your semi-final tickets in advance. Kansas, Kansas State and Missouri fans will drive up prices in a major way. Wouldn't be surprised one bit if ticket prices are at $150 a piece for Session 4. Face value is $75 for lower level tickets for Session 4.

bgclone

Apr 11, 2006
Lot of folks willing to play with fire on here...tickets will not be at face value for Thursday and they will likely be double face value for Friday. I would do homework in advance and see if you can search out a deal. This will be the highest priced tickets in KC so far with a lot of the large fanbases having a good team and with Mizzou fans wanting to see their team one last time in KC. I am in the process of selling 2 tickets to a ticket broker for all sessions for over face value and he said he'll go mark them up even more and have no problem selling them.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
I have 2 all session passes and am now unable to attend. I would like them to go to a clone, but I don't plan on giving them away. You will easily make your money back by selling the championship ticket alone. PM me if you are interested.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Damn... that sucks. Was going to come down after class on Thursday with a buddy and my brother but I'm not paying $85 for one game.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
do you mean session 3? They can't sell the same session that they attended.

So there is a no re-entry policy? Mizzou fans can't attend the first game then leave and sell their ticket to ISU fans? I figure this is probably the case, but does anyone know for sure?

oskyclone

Apr 13, 2006
Altoona
sold 2 tickets today for 250 a piece and the guy didnt blink an eye. if isu loses thursday isu fans can at least be profitable. if i was selling fridays session i wouldnt ask for anything less than 400 for good lower level seats. thats why ku sucks and is awesome. they will pay but screws us big time.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA

For those people arriving in K.C. at 7:30 or so you should absolutely buy a ticket before you arrive. Scalpers will likely have sold all tickets for Thursday Night's session and you could be S.O.L. No need to chance it. Face value for the tickets is $55 for lower levels and $45 for Upper Levels on Thursday night. You should be able to find a ticket for between $75-$85.

Although I agree with the overall advice of buying a ticket beforehand, I have to really disagree with the opinion that people will be "left out in the cold" if they don't get there until 7:30/8. From past experience, it seems like there are always plenty of tickets still being sold even after the first game of a session is over. I wouldn't sweat it if you get there late.

bgclone

Apr 11, 2006

Although I agree with the overall advice of buying a ticket beforehand, I have to really disagree with the opinion that people will be "left out in the cold" if they don't get there until 7:30/8. From past experience, it seems like there are always plenty of tickets still being sold even after the first game of a session is over. I wouldn't sweat it if you get there late.

That was the case when we played the first day, it will not be the case this year. We seem to forget that we have a bye the first round.

jr4cy

Nov 13, 2008

I'm going to have to agree on this too. If this was KU in the 3rd session many tickets wouldn't be available, but it isn't. MIZZOU fans don't travel as well as you think when it come to the Sprint Center (just look at the MIZZOU - ND game earlier this year). The actual "resellers" will still be around til our game starts.

Last edited:

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny

That was the case when we played the first day, it will not be the case this year. We seem to forget that we have a bye the first round.

I'm going in a group of 3, and we won't get down there until 7-7:30 on Thursday. It looks pretty hard to get 3 tickets on stub hub (only come in 2 or 4). Any advice would be appreciated.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX

I'm going to have to agree on this too. If this was KU in the 2nd session many tickets wouldn't be available, but it isn't. MIZZOU fans don't travel as well as you think when it come to the Sprint Center (just look at the MIZZOU - ND game earlier this year). The actual "resellers" will still be around til our game starts.

KU is in the 2nd session. Iowa State and Missouri are in the 3rd session.

bgclone

Apr 11, 2006

I'm going in a group of 3, and we won't get down there until 7-7:30 on Thursday. It looks pretty hard to get 3 tickets on stub hub (only come in 2 or 4). Any advice would be appreciated.

get tickets to get you in the door, someone will sell a single. Being the late game, a lot of folks will have left by the time our game starts or shortly after and you can move.