*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
Can they just fire Prohm now? Might as well just let the players coach themselves. Probably have the same result

Didn’t he pretty much do that already in year 1 with Niang and company? He said right off the bat that he wouldn’t change anything. I found that kind of strange that he would not instill any of his coaching strategies into that group. I guess that was a precursor for what is happening now, but no talent to overcome it.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
There’s not going to be any chemistry when there are only two guys that play meaningful minutes that have even spent a single season together. That’s not what’s concerning to me that is to be expected. The terrible shooting, the weird offense that we’re running and the same strange overreacting defense is what is concerning to me.
Were not really running anything. I don't think half these guys know what's going on yet. You can put it on Prohm if you like but fact is they haven't had much time together, even more so than other schools with their Covid exposure early and injuries.

Whether we have talent or not is another questions. Dubar, Foster, Blackwell, Jackson, Bolton all show flashes. Gotta get more consistency. Conditt is 3rd string now. Idk wtf is going on there?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
He’s created irreparable harm to this program. We are years and years and years away from competitiveness. Not even close to being able to be a top 1/2 Big 12 team. Astonishing how fast he’s turned this whole thing to ****.
Basketball doesn't take too long to turn around with someone that knows what their doing. I think there's talent but they desperately need coaching. I kept thinking CSP would improve in his coaching but I think that ship has sailed.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Didn’t he pretty much do that already in year 1 with Niang and company? He said right off the bat that he wouldn’t change anything. I found that kind of strange that he would not instill any of his coaching strategies into that group. I guess that was a precursor for what is happening now, but no talent to overcome it.
His only viable strategy for winning is to have a clear talent advantage over the opponent. And sometimes that doesn't even work.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What I want to see the rest of the year:
Foster's minutes to increase ( he should have been in much more than 13 minutes),
Foster and Dubar continuing to grow,
see what they have in Jackson once he comes back,
give Walker some more minutes at point just to see if they have something there or not.

Watching them wilt under pressure from a piss poor KSU team made me think about how ugly the games are going to get when they have to face really good defenses like Baylor, Tech, Texas, KU, WVU. Those games are not going to be pretty. Gave up way too many offensive rebounds again of course.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Were not really running anything. I don't think half these guys know what's going on yet. You can put it on Prohm if you like but fact is they haven't had much time together, even more so than other schools with their Covid exposure early and injuries.

Whether we have talent or not is another questions. Dubar, Foster, Blackwell, Jackson, Bolton all show flashes. Gotta get more consistency. Conditt is 3rd string now. Idk wtf is going on there?

Conditt was a late rising 3 star from the smaller school side of Chicago HS sports. No clue why people thought he was going to be some amazing player. Plus everyone got their wish and they bulked him up and now he’s slow and can’t get off the floor. Enjoy the fruits message board S&C Warriors.

• Dumb
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Both were made to look better because the talent around them was much better. What you are seeing now is what happens when the talent level around them falls.

Conditt has not developed during his time here. That is painfully obvious. That’s on coaching.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Conditt was a late rising 3 star from the smaller school side of Chicago HS sports. No clue why people thought he was going to be some amazing player. Plus everyone got their wish and they bulked him up and now he’s slow and can’t get off the floor. Enjoy the fruits message board S&C Warriors.

Ha! Yeah I’ll never get the obsession a portion of fans have with bulking up basketball players and skill position football players.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
He's only looked alright when he had a lottery pick pg playing next to him.

He looked pretty good for a freshman big man with his athleticism and natural skill. Big men typically develop a lot between their freshmen and junior years. Hasn’t happened.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sucks to say it but both seniors need to take a back seat, both are role players that aren't going to change anything about the season. Let the young guys play. Foster and Harris are the only ones who play with any energy, Solo just slows the game down and JCL is too erratic. We played our best ball last night when JCL was on the bench.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
This defensive effort so far is very disappointing to see from a 5th year player.

He has never been good defensively. He was getting abused last night on the defensive end. Horrible pick and roll defense by ISU and specifically by him and horrible help defense in other situations. He got abused be a crappy Freshman. Just painful to watch. That is why I think they need to get Foster out there more. He might make some mistakes as a Freshman defensively but at least he has the length and athleticism to alter some shots and make passes more difficult. Young has neither.