*** Official Kansas State vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Kirk fake cried. On television. An attempt at emotional manipulation and worse.
Gosh, it’s almost like all of their choices are scripted in advance. To provide coverage, balance—and outrage. Someone has to be for, someone against.

Pretty much like pro wrasslin’.

Not sure what some folks are getting all up in arms about.

• Funny
Reactions: dirtyninety

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Kinda like those around here picking us to beat OU with Kempt?

Not saying to flame away on Herby, I dont care. Just tired of the hypocrisy of this situation.
Yeah, I hate that I’m defending him because I’ve never been a fan. But picking against your favorite team doesn’t make that person an automatic hater of your team. It’s weird.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
He’s on the Participation Repoort.

I did not see him playing, but that is not a surprise. Don't think he caught a pass. Didn't see Lang in on any plays either. Kene and J. Brock had a lot of carries when KSU had 8-9 guys within 6 yards of the LOS, when they were just gambling ISU wouldn't throw.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
You make it sound like we have an illustrious history that wouldn’t cause pundits to pick against us in games.

We were the favored team by double digits. Vegas could give a rats a$$ about 'illustrious history". Pundits are are suppose to keep up with what's going on today, not keep worrying about the blue bloods.
Weird take.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
It makes it even better that a kid from Wichita choose Iowa State over them, and they had to watch it today
3k02Gls.gif

can i get some steakey-wakes with my eggie-wegs?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Gosh, it’s almost like all of their choices are scripted in advance. To provide coverage, balance—and outrage. Someone has to be for, someone against.

Pretty much like pro wrasslin’.

Not sure what some folks are getting all up in arms about.

It takes some intense amounts of cynicism to think a college football pregame show that's noted for its loose atmosphere scripts the experts' picks.

Here's how it probably goes:

Producer at 6 a.m.: Kirk, can you send us your picks for the week? We need to get the graphics ready. Here are the games.

Kirk: Yeah, give me a minute. Ok, Coastal, Missouri, Alabama, Penn State, Kansas State, Oklahoma, blah, blah, blah.

Producer: Got it. Thanks

You don't have to create conflict in sports. It's naturally in there. That's why they only do picks for the competitive games. They know the guys will disagree at some point. These shows are produced by normal people, not some dark force trying to prime it for ratings. You're thinking of dumb shows like First Take. People don't watch Gameday for conflict, they watch it for atmosphere and ritual.

Some of you guys are nuts. Kirk Herbstreit is not out to get the Iowa State Cyclones. It's more likely that he has closely followed college football for decades, and during that time, Iowa State has been one of the worst programs in the country. Maybe, just maybe, that seeps into his subconscious.

Reactions: Clonefan32

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We were the favored team by double digits. Vegas could give a rats a$$ about 'illustrious history". Pundits are are suppose to keep up with what's going on today, not keep worrying about the blue bloods.
Weird take.

No, pundits keep the focus on the same teams to drive up ratings, interest, ad $ and whatever. They aren't there for some sort of evaluative ability. Their role is to keep the money train going. That happens with the traditional powers.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
No, pundits keep the focus on the same teams to drive up ratings, interest, ad $ and whatever. They aren't there for some sort of evaluative ability. Their role is to keep the money train going. That happens with the traditional powers.

If that's the case, just give me the Bear with Samantha Ponder rather than some old jocks from Ohio St., Michigan, and Georgia.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
It takes some intense amounts of cynicism to think a college football pregame show that's noted for its loose atmosphere scripts the experts' picks.

Here's how it probably goes:

Producer at 6 a.m.: Kirk, can you send us your picks for the week? We need to get the graphics ready. Here are the games.

Kirk: Yeah, give me a minute. Ok, Coastal, Missouri, Alabama, Penn State, Kansas State, Oklahoma, blah, blah, blah.

Producer: Got it. Thanks

You don't have to create conflict in sports. It's naturally in there. That's why they only do picks for the competitive games. They know the guys will disagree at some point. These shows are produced by normal people, not some dark force trying to prime it for ratings. You're thinking of dumb shows like First Take. People don't watch Gameday for conflict, they watch it for atmosphere and ritual.

Some of you guys are nuts. Kirk Herbstreit is not out to get the Iowa State Cyclones. It's more likely that he has closely followed college football for decades, and during that time, Iowa State has been one of the worst programs in the country. Maybe, just maybe, that seeps into his subconscious.
Herbie can EABOD.