****Official ISU vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread****

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I know this puts a lot of pressure on Young but this couldbecome his tear before the season is over. He will have his ups and downs but as he rules the inside it opens up everything else for the rest of the guys.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
As I said before, if D.J. doesn't play, K-State is doomed [sic]. Plus, ISU's guards are so much better. It's like playing the JV at times for Morris.

So, no surprise in the outcome. K-State could easily lose out and coach Weber will be gone. We start all over again. Oh boy, what fun.

As for ISU, I don't have to tell you how good Young was last night. The future is bright for him and this squad, if he can produce like that the rest of the year.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
As I said before, if D.J. doesn't play, K-State is doomed [sic]. Plus, ISU's guards are so much better. It's like playing the JV at times for Morris.

So, no surprise in the outcome. K-State could easily lose out and coach Weber will be gone. We start all over again. Oh boy, what fun.

As for ISU, I don't have to tell you how good Young was last night. The future is bright for him and this squad, if he can produce like that the rest of the year.

DJ clearly didn't look well when he was out there. That impacted Wade's production as well. He's not nearly as effective when he is the lone option in the post. When Wade gets rolling, he's as dangerous of a player as Iwundu.

I'm not a Weber fan, but I still think KState can make the tourney. Your schedule is favorable, but some players really need to step up, make some shots and finish games.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'd make this comment - Monday I was working on some numbers in the conference, and Kansas State's defensive average was 66.52 points allowed/game. ISU scored 87 - that's 33% above what the Kitties normally give up - on the road.

So, yeah, I'm in agreement with the rest who say Mr. Young's development is a very welcome addition!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
DJ clearly didn't look well when he was out there. That impacted Wade's production as well. He's not nearly as effective when he is the lone option in the post. When Wade gets rolling, he's as dangerous of a player as Iwundu.

I'm not a Weber fan, but I still think KState can make the tourney. Your schedule is favorable, but some players really need to step up, make some shots and finish games.
Usually, ISU fans aren't taken to drinking purple Kool Aid.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Usually, ISU fans aren't taken to drinking purple Kool Aid.

10253803_683983878363889_7460095239214989866_n.jpg

After beating the Vikings............

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
So...have to ask, how many think Matt's lob was to Babb or was it to Solomon? Regardless, it was welcomed sight.
I want to think it was Solomon, as MT's line of sight would've tracked him much easier than Babb. However, I can see what was quickly going through Babb's head there: "DUNK! ... wait, is that Young? S***S***S***S***S***S***GETOUTOFHISWAY"

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
John Walters with Solomon:

Pretty mature and understated in his responses. I don't see him getting too high on himself. I could see him having similar games most nights (with really good games when someone like DJ is out).

Wish Walters had asked him about the lob.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Lob from Thomas was clearly meant for Babb. I can watch on DVR and Young was not even in sight of Thomas when the pass was thrown.

Did anyone else notice that at 4:49 left KSU callled a timeout and when play started the clock did not start until they had played for about 10 seconds? I kept thinking Oh GREAT, now KSU will win in the final 10 seconds when the game should have been over. Just another example of Big 12 refs being clueless.

Also noted on rewatch (slow motion), foul on Monte when the guy was driving near the sideline with about a minute or two left, Monte reached out a hand but actually never touched the guy. Donovan Jackson had a similar foul when a guy drove in for a layup, Jackson started to reach out but then pulled back and never touched the guy at all, but foul called anyway. I really wish refs would call obvious contact and not all these phantom touches that they "assume" took place.

I also noted on that play where Monte stole the ball and drove the length of the floor for a layup, he clearly traveled. Once he tucks the ball he goes step... step... step, layup. It was almost as bad as that Kansas player who beat KSU in Manhattan this year. Do these referees ever go back and see their obvious erros and make an effort to get better? It never seems like it.

Reactions: isu2014

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Great game! Need to keep getting better, it isn't that I am greedy, (maybe I am). I am really glad the post is starting to look up. Don't start predicting wins. We need to go out and get them.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I didn't watch replay. Was that basket interference on ISU that resulted in Brown's T?

Probably, but who knows what Brown said. Replays seemed to show the ball hit backboard before Solomon blocked it. Should have been goaltending. But play went on, ISU had the ball at the other end, scored on a put back for 2 points.

When KSU had the ball back, Brown said something to refs and got T'd up. Announcers assumed it was about goaltending call, but who knows what he said. It wasn't right after the missed call.

Help Support Us

Become a patron