*** Official ISU-UConn Game Thread ***

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
What I love every year is how certain people don't see the team play all year except when it comes to the tournament. I feel sorry for you because you haven't been privileged to see what an amazing player Aus is. I'm not saying this game would be any different but if Aus is at full strength this is a different team.

Good to see the seniors get some minutes. Flo and Mossman are coming in.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
This is like boys playing girls. I love BF and he's carved a nice niche for himself and the Clone girls in women's college basketball. But for quite a few years now we do well until we meet a legitimate national power in the tournament, then it's almost always a blowout.

True, BF's teams have tended to hit a ceiling once the opponent reaches a certain level. He's done a lot at ISU, for sure, but it would be nice to break through at some point.

They'll get a Final Four at some point, I think, but the best shot of that is to reach a 2 or 3 seed level and hope the 1 seed is knocked out before the regional final.

Hey, I just noticed, we're back within 40!

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Kept it under 40 with a late bucket!

Good season for coach BF. Nobdy has a chance against UCONN

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
That's a question for Bill. We didn't seem to learn we could do it against, say NU, aTm, or any of the other teams that routinely do it. Athletic teams can make it look close, we do it, it's more obvious.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Kept it under 40 with a late bucket!

Good season for coach BF. Nobdy has a chance against UCONN

It was a good season that exceeded expectations. I had it penciled in as an NIT year.

Easy to forget about the season-long accomplishments when we run into a team like that.

Even so — man, that was brutal.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We still held UConn to their lowest margin of victory of the tourney so far. :eek: by 16 points...

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I hope they get to play Baylor. Duke will have a say in that, though. Not a coach in our league, that deserves a beat down like we just got more than Kim. IMO, she's got the class and humility of Geno. That's not much.

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
I hope they get to play Baylor. Duke will have a say in that, though. Not a coach in our league, that deserves a beat down like we just got more than Kim. IMO, she's got the class and humility of Geno. That's not much.

Then maybe Griner will punch Tina Charles in the face. There's no down side to this! :biglaugh:

Reactions: alarson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron