***OFFICIAL ISU-Campbell Gameday Thread!***

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
If someone has tickets and is planning on not going. Some bored, poor college kids who live too far away from home are here in Ames willing to fill those seats up! :spinny: Because screw the AD for not giving us an option for giving us these tickets :jimlad:

Pm me if you want my student ticket. I'll just charge you the 2 bucks.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I don't like this. The problems with CF had to be caused by something. The Fighting Camels are scary. First they take down our website, then they take down our basketball team. :dull:

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I wouldn't need to take someone's ticket if student tickets were good. I have tickets for every sport.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I don't like this. The problems with CF had to be caused by something. The Fighting Camels are scary. First they take down our website, then they take down our basketball team. :dull:

The Camels "smoked" the best coach and team in the nation last year on the road, nothing is out of their reach.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If someone has tickets and is planning on not going. Some bored, poor college kids who live too far away from home are here in Ames willing to fill those seats up! :spinny: Because screw the AD for not giving us an option for giving us these tickets :jimlad:

PM me. I've got 4 tickets.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Cyclone Nation is blessed to have Georges Niang! No question will be a star. I expect Georges to have a good game, and I predict Anthony Booker to have a career night point total against Campbell.

I am at the airport in chicago, everything is on schedule. I should be in Des Moines by 11 am. I will fill in for the coaches if necessary. :p

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
A little Soup Camel scouting report:

Darren White (#4) is their do everything player, averaging 27 pts, 9 rbs, 2 asts & 2 stl per game over their first 3 games. He plays the '3', and at 6'4" 210# is prime to be 'babbed'. I read that coach said Clyburn, Ejim and Niang would get time on him, so they must think size will slow him down. White shot the 3 at 38% last year, making 1.5 per game, but is 1-13 so far this year. He does get to the line quite a bit, shooting over 7 a game so far this year.

The backcourt are Trey Freeman (#1) at 6'2" and Darius Hooker (#2) at 6'0". Freeman is the point averaging 7 asts per game, they are each averaging double figures.

The Camels only have one player who has played any significant minutes that is over 6'6", and that's Darius Leonard at 6'9" 225, and he only plays 18 minutes a game. That means they play over half the game with front line players at a skinny 6'6". Thus we should have another big rebounding margin day, and Niang, Booker and Gibson should have big days inside, unless they pack it in and give up the 3. I think this would be the perfect game to give Niang major minutes at the '5', which I think is our best scoring lineup.

The Soup Camels have played three home games, beating Averett (who?) and Appalachian St. while losing to Northwestern St. They are not a good team, not nearly as talented as last year, and we should beat them easily. I'm going with 90-57.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
[video=youtube;vL4N8v3uXWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL4N8v3uXWE[/video]

they lost this guy too, my favorite player in ncaa basketball last year not on ISU.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Yikes, in the first game of this tourney, Cincinnati beat NC A&T (who we host Tuesday) 93-39 - and it wasn't really that close. NC A&T shot 15% for the game. Sean Kilpatrick for Cincy was 8-12 from 3, who won despite shooting 39% (9-22) from the free throw line.