Official Iowa vs Purdue Thread

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Purdue so, so good. Loads of talent. Good for them on a massive win.
They are a good team, but that was the saddest “press break” I’ve seen since I coached 5th grade girls.

Iowa is good enough offensively they should just throw some junk D, press a bit, just be decent defensively. They have some players.

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
They are a good team, but that was the saddest “press break” I’ve seen since I coached 5th grade girls.

Iowa is good enough offensively they should just throw some junk D, press a bit, just be decent defensively. They have some players.
I saw Iowa play Virginia, now Purdue, they’re more athletic and much better defensively than I thought. The other Murray is pretty good, too.
I’m surprised.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I saw Iowa play Virginia, now Purdue, they’re more athletic and much better defensively than I thought. The other Murray is pretty good, too.
I’m surprised.

My thoughts also.
Iowa played on the road against Virginia, then Purdue, then home against Illinois, then in the road against isu. All in a 10 day span. That is a tough span and they will be seriously tested.
They look like an urbadale B league team but they get it done.

I don’t have a great feeling about our next two games but we have already exceeded my expectation so I am good

We could really use a win at home against Iowa though. Getting old losing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ayagi and isufbcurt

42statefan

Jul 17, 2021
Watched the game start to finish. This iowa team is so much better defensively because of their guards and no Garza. He was an awesome player but not on D. Conner and Jorbo should not get many minutes. Better with them on the bench. We need to play our best to beat them

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
My thoughts also.
Iowa played on the road against Virginia, then Purdue, then home against Illinois, then in the road against isu. All in a 10 day span. That is a tough span and they will be seriously tested.
They look like an urbadale B league team but they get it done.

I don’t have a great feeling about our next two games but we have already exceeded my expectation so I am good

We could really use a win at home against Iowa though. Getting old losing.
I think it will be an interesting game. Their weakness seems to be inside and that’s not a strength for ISU either. Whoever doesn’t turn the ball over and shoots a decent percentage will win.
I think the talent level will be closer to even than it’s been and our coaching is a big, big upgrade over the last few years.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I’m surprised.

Yeah, credit where credit is due. They're much better than I thought after losing their best two players. I still think they will struggle if you can stop Murray, but they're not an easy out.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Just stop w besmirching girls. Jfc:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Having already played road games at Virginia and Purdue, Iowa won't be intimidated at all by Hilton. They'll come to Ames feeling like they have nothing to lose, and they'll try to be physical and punch us in the mouth from the very beginning.

I do like the fact this will be a non conference game after they've already played a couple of conference games. Psychologically, that could be to our advantage, but maybe not, especially if Iowa loses both of these conference games.

Should be a wild evening.
Hilton will be electric but after all the travel the hawks might just be relieved to be staying in state for an away game

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Loving how the slimmed down Ogundele is paying dividends.
That's slimmed down? :oops:

On a more serious note, he among others surprised me tonight. Fran might polish some of the low 3 and 2 star recruits into decent role players after all. Perkins, ogundele, and the other Murray all brought it tonight against a team with a lot more star power.

I am not at all excited for next Thursday. Not that I think Iowa comes in and blows out the clones, but I am a little disheartened by a positive result for the hawks tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Purdue is still that team that finds a way to fall to a 4 or 5 seed and get bounced in the first or second round of the tourney. Every single year.

They’ve been upset a few times here and there but made the Sweet Sixteen in ‘17 and ‘18 and the Elite Eight in ‘19.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Watched the game start to finish. This iowa team is so much better defensively because of their guards and no Garza. He was an awesome player but not on D. Conner and Jorbo should not get many minutes. Better with them on the bench. We need to play our best to beat them

They play very aggressively. Could see them in foul trouble a lot this year. And Fran will be whining about it the whole time. A lot of their games will come down to how the refs are going to call fouls in the full court. If they are allowed to play WVU ball with no fouls, they're a very dangerous team. If hand checks and cylinder rules are called, Conner is going to get too much playing time.

As far as Purdue, I wasn't impressed at all. They are a top 15 team, but I don't think they have the guard play to be a top 10 team at the end of the year. After watching Duke and Gonzaga, they'd wipe the floor with this Purdue team. That Edy guy is big, but he's not good. Constantly out of position and he has absolutely no moves.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's slimmed down? :oops:

On a more serious note, he among others surprised me tonight. Fran might polish some of the low 3 and 2 star recruits into decent role players after all. Perkins, ogundele, and the other Murray all brought it tonight against a team with a lot more star power.

I am not at all excited for next Thursday. Not that I think Iowa comes in and blows out the clones, but I am a little disheartened by a positive result for the hawks tonight.

Well luckily college basketball doesn't work like that.

Heck ISU hung around with actual title-worthy Baylor last season.

Iowa will be a good challenge for sure. It'd be good if ISU can at least have a chance late tonight and next week.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Well luckily college basketball doesn't work like that.

Heck ISU hung around with actual title-worthy Baylor last season.

Iowa will be a good challenge for sure. It'd be good if ISU can at least have a chance late tonight and next week.

Went to the last minute didn't it?

I didn't watch it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron