*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm starting to think that Bill and TJ coached each other's teams in practice this week. Our men scored 81 points tonight and our ladies have held Michigan State to 32 so far in the 4th quarter.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
IMO I feel Grill and Gabe should switch starting. Not a huge drop off in defense and any + day Grill has in 3 shooting helps bench points. Small potatoes but just throwing it out there
That’s why Gabe is coming in, need somebody to lead the second group and that ain’t Grill.
Valid. Also, I think it’s apparent that our two best scorers are Holmes and Gabe. One of them has to be on the floor at all times. When they were both out that one stretch in the second half we just dried up. Hats off to Gabe for accepting the assignment. And hats off to TJ for doing it. This is an example of why he is SO much better than Prohm. TJ commands so much respect that he would have gotten Wigginton to embrace coming off the bench. I ******* love TJ.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I think Lipsey's scoring average will be in the double figure range later in the season. Looks good for a freshman. That turnover was so freshman like, I think he'll learn a lot from it. Sweet free throw shooting as well in crunch time. Also, watching the game I would say we won regulation by about 15 and overtime by 10 minus the refs.

Reactions: Pleasanthillclone

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Didn’t get a chance to watch the game, but great win! Looking forward to watching a replay after the Vikings debacle game.

Reactions: isutrevman

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
FiXTXDnWYAEw_Ny

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
IMO I feel Grill and Gabe should switch starting. Not a huge drop off in defense and any + day Grill has in 3 shooting helps bench points. Small potatoes but just throwing it out there
That’s why Gabe is coming in, need somebody to lead the second group and that ain’t Grill.
I like Gabe coming off the bench a la Ginobli for the Spurs.

Ctrans

Feb 3, 2017
We have a great staff
I never said that TJ is'nt a good coach. But in that time of the game call a time out and set up a play. We had 2 time outs left. Can't take those time outs to over time.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I get why Osun likes to flex when he scores inside, but to be honest, he's not gonna win any Mr. Universe contests.

• Funny
Reactions: BigCyFan and Cyclad

Ctrans

Feb 3, 2017
Also Grill is going to get hot at some point and win us some games shooting. For the most part his looks have been decent so it's not something you can complain about. This team doesn't have much for shooting or scoring so Grill needs to continue to have the greenlight. He can't be afraid to shoot
I totally agree but someone needs to work on his shot. Needs more arch on his shot. Shoots line drives.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Osun is definitely going to get a T for taunting this year lol hopefully it doesn’t hurt us. Glad they have let it go so far.

Help Support Us

Become a patron